Department: Financial Advisory Services
Location: New York, NY
Job Title: Analyst/Associate
Reference Code: NYFASAnalyst/Associate2013WEB
This position is located in our New York, NY office and mainly supports the Corporate Investigations practice within our Financial Advisory Services (“FAS”) practice. The FAS practice applies accounting, financial, economic and data analysis expertise and experience in helping our clients address critical issues. This position will report to more senior staff and Managing Directors. Examples of our services include:
- Corporate Investigation
- Financial investigations including those involving financial statement fraud, asset misappropriation and corruption.
- Assessments of complex financial transactions for compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”) and International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”).
- Reporting and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) and Federal Securities Laws.
- Litigation Support and Valuation
- Financial damage analysis and lost profits determination.
- Valuations of businesses, securities, real estate, machinery & equipment, intellectual property and other intangible assets.
- Assessing work performed by independent auditors.
- Expert reports and testimony.
- Middle Market Restructuring
- Assisting debtors with in-court or out-of-court restructuring.
- Working with creditors to understand the situation, negotiate their position and maximize value.
- Due diligence related to business acquisitions, mergers and integrations, liquidations and joint ventures.
- Analyzing financial transactions for possible fraud.
- Analyzing financial transactions for compliance with GAAP or IFRS.
- Evaluating compliance with rules and regulations of the FCPA, Sarbanes-Oxley, and the Federal Securities Laws.
- Reviewing audit working papers for compliance with professional standards.
- Reviewing and summarizing materials produced in litigation matters such as depositions and financial statements.
- Researching and analyzing factors affecting litigation damages or valuation.
- Applying statistical analysis.
- Developing and assessing projections and forecasts.
- Creating financial models incorporating discounted cash flow ("DCF") theory.
- Creating and managing large data sets.
- Communicating with clients and colleagues in written and oral form.
- Drafting written reports.
- Preparing presentation materials.
- Organizing documents and work papers, including preparing supporting materials for litigation and valuation reports.
- Performing quality control reviews over work product.
- Training other professional staff.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or mathematics.
- Strong academic performance. Include GPA(s) on resume.
- A minimum of one to two years experience working for an accounting firm conducting independent financial statement audits or working in a professional services firm providing dispute, litigation and/or investigative services. The ideal candidate will have worked in a “Big Four” environment and have performed the foregoing services for a publicly traded company.
- Fluent oral and written foreign language skills (particularly Spanish) are a plus.
- Although not required, the ideal candidate would have obtained a certification such as a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Fraud Examiner, Chartered Financial Analyst or Certified Valuation Analyst.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and the ability to resolve complex accounting problems.
- Well-developed analytical abilities.
- Ability to prepare or ability to learn to prepare financial models and cash flow analyses.
- A professional demeanor with advanced communication and presentation skills.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks, self-prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently with an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally, sometimes on short notice and for extended periods of time.
- Ability and willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule in order to meet client needs.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Desire and interest to meet new people and network socially.
- A positive and energetic attitude.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
To apply send cover letter and resume to: FAS-Recruiting@alixpartners.com with:
- First name, last name and the job reference: NYFASAnalyst/Associate2013WEB in the subject line of your email.
- A PDF version of your resume.
- A brief cover email addressing the following:
- Have you previously applied to or interviewed with AlixPartners?
- Have you worked with AlixPartners on an engagement or in any other capacity?
- Do you know anyone at AlixPartners?
AlixPartners is an AA/EEO employer.