Lisa J. Donahue is an AlixPartners Managing Director and global leader of the firm’s Turnaround and Restructuring practice. She joined the firm in its New York office in 1998. Lisa specializes in financial and operational reorganizations and transformations—an expertise that led to her being named one of New York’s 40 Under 40 by Crain’s New York Business in 2002 and Woman of the Year by the International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation in 2007.
Lisa has extensive experience in business transformation, operational alignment, cash management and cost reduction, negotiation, situational analysis, and debt restructuring for both domestic and international organizations. Her engagements have been in the oil and gas, energy, consumer packaged goods, manufacturing, distribution, apparel, retail, telecom, and shipping industries.
Lisa has been successful as both an interim executive and an advisor. Her assignments have included:
- Chief Financial Officer at Atlantic Power Corporation, a New York Stock Exchange– and Toronto Stock Exchange–listed power and infrastructure company; led integration of Atlantic Power’s acquisition of Capital Power Income L.P.
- Restructuring Advisor to TORM, a Denmark Stock Market–listed international shipping company
- Financial and Restructuring Advisor to TBS Shipping, an international shipping owner/operator and logistics company
- Chief Restructuring Officer (CRO) of SemGroup, L.P., a midstream oil and gas and commodity trading company; led transformation from commodity trading company to storage, transport, and pipeline company
- Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer at Calpine Corporation, an independent power producer that had $10 billion in revenue and $18 billion in debt (named by the Turnaround Management Association as 2008 Turnaround of the Year)
- Chief Executive Officer at New World Pasta, a leading maker of branded dried pasta in the United States, Italy, Canada, and Mexico
- Chief Financial Officer and Chief Restructuring Officer of Exide Technologies, the world’s largest industrial and transportation battery producer and recycler, with operations in 89 countries
- Chief Financial Officer of Umbro International Inc., a worldwide manufacturer and marketer of soccer and fashion apparel; led transformation from textile manufacturing company to global branding and marketing company
Lisa is currently a Trustee for the American Red Cross of Greater New York as well as a member of the Senior Advisory Board for InMotion Inc, a New York-based, non-profit organization that provides assistance to victims of domestic abuse. She is a former member of the Board of the Turnaround Management Association and is a member of the International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation, is a fellow of the American College of Bankruptcy, and is a member of the New York Advisory Board for the American Bankruptcy Institute.
Lisa has a degree in finance and accounting from Florida State University.