P. Foster Finley is a Managing Director in AlixPartners’ Enterprise Improvement practice. He has a successful record of high-impact, complex project execution and delivery for operations-intensive clients. His distinctive competencies include supply chain strategy, asset effectiveness, logistics management, and inventory optimization. He joined AlixPartners in 2004 in the New York office.
Foster has 25 years of consulting and industry experience. Most recently, he served at A.T. Kearney, where, as a vice president in the firm’s operations services practice, he co-led global supply chain offerings. Prior to that, he spent six years at Deloitte Consulting in that firm’s consumer business practice. Prior to management consulting, Foster oversaw manufacturing operations for Rockwell Automation in Milwaukee for seven years.
In typical assignments Foster has led, he:
- Assumed interim role as operating Head of Logistics for a private-equity-owned construction accessories manufacturer and distributor, initiating transportation savings and procurement gains of 10% of earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization by building a center-led transportation shared-services function, redefining transportation processes, selecting and rolling out supporting technology, and negotiating new carrier contracts.
- Headed the procurement transformation of a $2-billion leading specialty retailer of apparel in North America. The results included a 20% annual cost reduction of addressed categories and a supporting reconfiguration of the procurement organization.
- Led the strategy development, design, and market entry approach for an upstart third-party lead logistics provider on behalf of a Fortune 100 grocery retailing and food logistics business.
- Conducted business strategy development, design, and industrialization of the world’s first common ocean carrier platform on behalf of a premier container shipping line. The resulting profitable business supports common logistics access, management, and support for shippers and consignees across a growing number of participants.
- Redesigned and transformed one of North America’s largest snack food producers’ direct-store-delivery networks, resulting in a sustained, 6% operating cost reduction.
- Developed logistics network design and facility layout of a new growth channel for a major North American book and media retailer.
Foster has an MBA from Marquette University in Milwaukee and a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering from Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta. He is a licensed Professional Engineer, a certified turnaround professional, and a certified fellow in production and inventory management. He is a member of and frequent presenter at the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals.