Featherstone, Don W.
Donald Featherstone leads the firm’s Turnaround and Restructuring Practice in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. He has over 20 years of experience specialising in interim management, corporate finance, financial restructuring, turnaround consulting and crisis management. He has extensive experience in cash management and cost reduction, stakeholder management and financial restructurings.
Donald has worked both as an advisor and as an interim executive in a number of restructuring cases. His industry experience includes executive roles in oil and gas, construction, automotive, and manufacturing companies. In 2010 he was included in Private Equity News’ list of top restructuring advisors in Europe.
Examples of Donald’s experience includes:
- Serving as Chief Restructuring Officer of Sevan Marine ASA, a publically listed FPSO owner and operator
- Serving as Executive Chairman of Viking Moorings, a company providing mooring services to the offshore drilling industry.
- Serving as Chief Restructuring Officer of Bluewater Holding B.V., a company specialising in the engineering, procurement, installation and commissioning of high-end floating production vessels and mooring systems
- Serving as Interim Chief Executive of a $350 million Kuwaiti listed construction company.
- Serving as the Chief Restructuring Officer of a €200 million food company with operations in 10 countries in Europe and North America.
- Advising Stolt Offshore (Acergy) on a comprehensive turnaround and recapitalisation programme.
- Acting as Interim Chief Financial Officer of Schefenacker plc, a €1.2 billion automotive supplier.
Donald is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of DePauw University with a degree in economics and political science. He received his MBA in analytic finance and accounting from the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business. He is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, the UK Institute for Turnaround, and a non-executive director of Viking Moorings. He is a frequent speaker on restructuring matters and a guest speaker at the London Business School.