Hedges, Robert B.
Bob has fifteen years of experience in consulting and twelve-plus years of experience in senior operating and leadership roles at multiple financial institutions.
Prior to joining AlixPartners, Bob was the founder and Managing Partner of Mercatus, a strategic consulting firm focused on the retail financial services industry. Before he founded Mercatus, he held senior operating and leadership roles at Shawmut Bank, FleetBoston, and Fidelity Investments, and gained consulting experience at the MAC Group/Gemini Consulting and First Manhattan Consulting Group.
- Worked with leading national banks to enhance the customer experience, identify and deliver process improvements and productivity gains, and manage multi-channel delivery systems to maximize profitable market share.
- Developed mobile banking and payments strategies for customer acquisition and strategic growth.
- Led bank acquisition due diligence assignments for multiple private equity firms seeking to invest in the financial services market.
- Developed Durbin remediation models and product strategies for leading retail banks.
- Analyzed consumer bank channel usage behavior and developed cost reduction strategies.
- Developed customer acquisition and marketing strategies for a leading regional bank seeking to capitalize on marketplace dissatisfaction from large bank acquisition and consolidation activity.
Bob has an MBA from the Sloan School of Management at MIT, and earned his undergraduate degree from Dartmouth College. He served as the Chairman of NYCE, the regional ATM network and as a board member of Affinion, a leader in marketing services and value-added programs to financial services companies. He also contributes as an international development volunteer with the Financial Services Volunteer Corps. Bob is also a co-author of Bottom Line Banking with former Bank One CEO, John McCoy, and retired professor Larry Frieder, published in 1996.