Murphy, Michael P.
Mike Murphy has over twenty-five years of professional experience in providing restructuring and financial consulting services. He specializes in consulting engagements on behalf of investors and boards of directors, as well as debtors and creditors involved in operational and financial turnarounds and loan workouts. He also specializes in various financial advisory services involving such matters as due diligence, feasibility studies and litigation matters.
On multiple engagements Mike has served in interim officer roles including, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Restructuring Officer, Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer. He has extensive experience in a broad range of industries including high technology, retail, media, real estate and insurance.
Mike has testified as an expert witness in State Superior Courts, United States Federal Courts, and in domestic and international arbitration matters. He has also served as an Independent Arbitrator and Trustee in a number of matters.
A selection of Mike’s recent projects includes:
• Chief Operating Officer and Chief Administrative Officer for NextWave Wireless. This engagement included preparation of the Company’s strategic plan and evaluation of all business segments, as well as managing and implementing the Company’s cost reduction and business divestiture strategies.
• Served as the Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer with respect to Office Depot’s China Operations, and recently served as the Financial Advisor to an international logistics provider and semiconductor equipment company in regards to their acquisitions in China. Mike has extensive experience in providing services related to due diligence, valuation and restructuring in China.
• Served as a Financial Advisor to the Senior Secured Creditors of Pacific Lumber Company (Palco) in the bankruptcy reorganization process. Assisted in the efforts to monetize the town assets of Scotia including the integration of a waste wood fueled power generating facility with the operations of local power companies. Evaluated alternatives to self reliance on waste wood material in light of short supply of wood by-products associated with low lumber production levels.
• Served as an interim officer with respect to the bankruptcy and restructuring of Accredited Home Lenders, one of the largest subprime lenders in California.
• Served as Financial Advisor in the bankruptcy of Asyst Technologies, a semiconductor equipment company based in Northern California. Project efforts included analyzing debtor’s business plan, debt restructuring scenarios, and weekly cash flows. Provided valuation services and testimony.