AlixPartners is a global firm of senior business and consulting professionals that specializes in improving corporate financial, and operational performance, executing corporate turnarounds, and providing litigation consulting and forensic accounting services when it really matters—in urgent, high-impact situations.
At AlixPartners, your passion becomes your career. You will work alongside the top professionals in your field in an exciting, innovative, and entrepreneurial culture. Whether your background is in industry or consulting, or if you have just graduated, you will have the opportunity to make a difference in the futures of the businesses across the globe.
Business Intelligence Center
AlixPartners offers a dynamic learning environment designed to equip our analysts with core consulting skills. The Business Intelligence Center (BIC) has developed a two-year training programme aimed at developing professionals to transfer into high-stakes consulting work.
The BIC drives the firm’s business development. The team works closely with our consulting staff to generate lead opportunities, manage opportunity pipelines, provide company and industry research, conduct business analysis, and provide proposal support.
Rewarding career path
You will have an opportunity to join a merit-based culture in which talented individuals can deliver memorable results for clients, become respected experts, and advance their careers rapidly in a growing company. As a business analyst, you will contribute meaningfully from day one and take on more responsibility over time. You will have the support of our leadership team, your career coach, mentors, peers, and others vested in your success.
Learn from experienced colleagues
You will interact with highly experienced industry experts from the beginning of your career at AlixPartners. By working in a range of industries, you will have the chance to discover which industries interest you the most. Our non-hierarchical environment will provide you with the opportunity to develop, present, and receive feedback on your ideas. Our extensive training program will also help you develop the skill set required to transfer to the consulting practice.
Summary of position
Working from London, Düsseldorf, or Dallas, you will help identify, research, and monitor new business opportunities for AlixPartners. After you complete a 24-month training programme, you will have the opportunity to transfer into a consulting role.
- Support business development initiatives by conducting company and industry research
- Identify potential prospect and target companies using a broad range of research tools
- Anticipate the impact that changing business, economic, legal, and industry issues will have on companies
- Conduct financial, situational, and performance analysis including, but not limited to, operating performance, market position, competitive map, and liquidity of potential target companies
- Project manage various business development tasks
- Proficient analytical and problem-solving skills
- Accomplished research skills, including the ability to work effectively with data and market intelligence
- Team player with an ability to develop relationships across the firm, including with senior stakeholders and practice leaders
- Dependable project management skills
- Clear and concise written and oral communications
- Adept at multitasking in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Flexible and versatile—can shift directions and feel comfortable working with all types of activities, issues, and problems
- Self-starter who is excited to learn and contribute
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Bloomberg, Capital IQ, and other research tools would be advantageous but is not essential
- Fluency in English is essential and a second language preferable (French, German or Italian)
Our expertise covers a wide range of industries, including:
Aerospace & Defense
Automotive & Industrial
Business & Consumer Services
Energy & Process Industries
Healthcare & Life Sciences
Private Equity & Investors
Restaurants, Hospitality & Leisure
Technology, Media & Telecommunications
Transportation & Infrastructure
What recent joiners and program graduates have said:
"I joined AlixPartners in August 2017, motivated by the prospect of joining a company that would give me the chance to work together with highly experienced industry experts. Gathering knowledge of various industries and AlixPartners service offerings helped me decide which industry I would like to focus on long-term."
— MARTIN BODENWINKLER , BIC-ANALYST
"The program allows you to develop strong analytical and technical skills that will maximize your efficiency on your first project. You will also establish a strong internal network within the firm through the close interactions with senior management. As a result, working on a project of your interest right from the start will be much easier and more rewarding."
— KATHARINA NEUHAUS, VICE PRESIDENT