Forensics and Disputes Consultant
Client Services - Investigations, Disputes & Risk New York
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
AlixPartners has a Hybrid Work framework to support our employees. Under this framework, generally Client Services people may combine client-site, AlixPartners office and remote working. How this works in practice varies by geography and function based on client and team requirements. As this framework is new post-COVID-19 pandemic, it may also change over time.
What you’ll do
Our Investigations, Disputes and Risk (IDR) practice applies accounting, financial and data analysis expertise and experience to assist our clients and address their critical issues. Examples of our services include:
Litigation support and valuation
- Financial damage analysis and lost profits determination
- Valuations of businesses, securities, intellectual property and other intangible assets
- Expert reports and testimony
- Assessing work performed by independent auditors
- Financial investigations including those involving financial statement fraud, asset misappropriation, and corruption.
- Assessments of complex financial transactions for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”) and international financial reporting standards (“IFRS”)
- Reporting and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) and federal securities laws
You’ll be part of the team supporting our Investigations, Disputes and Risk (IDR) practice. You will work closely with AlixPartners’ experts to address complex issues in commercial litigation, business valuations and investigations. Your work will involve a wide range of activities, such as:
- Research and analyze factors including performing detailed financial analysis affecting litigation damages or valuation, including gaining an understanding of the industry or market at issue.
- Develop and assess projections and forecasts.
- Create financial models incorporating valuation theory, such as the development of discounted cash flow (DCF) models.
- Analyze financial transactions for possible fraud and compliance with GAAP or IFRS.
- Review audit working papers for compliance with professional standards.
- Communicate with clients and colleagues in written and oral form, including drafting expert reports and presentations to clients.
- Create and manage large data sets.
- Apply statistical analysis.
- Prepare presentation materials.
- Perform quality control review over work product.
- Organize documents and work papers, including preparation of supporting materials for litigation and valuation reports.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities. The location of this professional is in our New York office. Paid relocation is not available.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, mathematics, or related; Master’s is desirable.
- Minimum of one years’ experience working in a professional services firm providing dispute, litigation and/or valuation services; two years’ preferred.
- Pursuit of professional certifications such as a Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Financial Analyst and Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor is viewed favorably.
- Well-developed analytical abilities.
- Ability to prepare, or ability to learn to prepare, financial models and cash flow analyses.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks, self-prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently with an entrepreneurial attitude.
- A professional demeanor with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability and willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule in order to meet client needs.
- A positive and energetic attitude.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.