Economics Senior Vice President (Antitrust and Competition)
Client Services - Investigations, Disputes & Risk Boston
At AlixPartners, we move quickly from ideas to action, to help our clients solve their most complex and critical challenges. Our work creates value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, intellectual curiosity, inventiveness, and forward-thinking solutions. We invite you to influence the way we work and to help us define the way we embrace tomorrow.
AlixPartners has a hybrid work framework to support our employees. Under this framework, our consultants may combine AlixPartners office, remote working, and client-site. How this works in practice varies by geography and function based on client and team requirements. As this framework is new post-COVID-19 pandemic, it may also change over time.
AlixPartners requires COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for this position, subject to reasonable accommodation.
The Economics Consulting practice of the Investigation, Disputes, and Risk community is hiring consultants to expand our capabilities in competition economics. Our work in this area, which was recently enhanced through the acquisition of Matrix Economics, spans antitrust litigation, merger review, and policy design. Our economists and academic affiliates combine sharp economic insights, grounded in data-driven analytics, with diverse academic, industry, and subject matter expertise. As a team, we thrive on bringing creative and effective solutions that make a difference to our clients.
We are looking to fill several full-time Senior Vice President positions in our Investigation, Disputes, and Risk community. The firm offers a positive workplace, a competitive compensation package that includes an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement), and opportunities for formal and informal mentoring. Consultants may be based in Boston, MA, New York, NY, Washington, DC, Chicago, IL, or Dallas, TX. Relocation assistance may be available if needed.
What you’ll do
Each case is dynamic, and your role may vary over the lifecycle of a case or from case-to-case. Here is a partial list of required activities, duties, or responsibilities:
- Work closely with academic and internal experts to provide economic analysis in litigation, regulatory, and commercial proceedings, including antitrust litigation and merger reviews
- Study the effects of firm conduct on the competitive process in relevant markets, using a combination of basic research, economic modelling, and econometric analyses
- Organize, review, and summarize testimony, documents, and data produced for the proceedings
- Utilize available data sources for quantitative research to inform the design of advanced economic analyses
- Identify, develop, and implement data-driven, cutting-edge, and litigation-proof analytical solutions to complex economics problems
- Develop and implement sophisticated quantitative analyses of large datasets, including regression analyses and simulation modelling
- Manage multiple workstreams and large-scale data analytic projects, in a collaborative manner that guides colleagues to work efficiently towards a common goal
- Communicate research and findings to internal teams, academic experts, and clients
- Assist in the preparation, drafting, and auditing of expert reports and other highly specialized client deliverables
- Participate in practice building through recruiting, training, and mentoring
What you’ll need
- A Ph.D. degree in economics or a related subject with specialization in industrial organization, applied microeconomics, econometrics, or other quantitative fields
- Well-developed analytical abilities and strong economic reasoning skills
- Proficiency in programming languages and statistical software (such as Stata, R, Python, SAS, Matlab, and Mathematica), Excel, and/or mapping software (such as ArcGIS)
- A desire to apply economic theories and statistical tools to address real-world problems in time-sensitive, dynamic situations
- Strong project management and organizational skills, including the ability to manage and prioritize multiple workstreams across team members to meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently, with an entrepreneurial attitude
- A professional demeanor with advanced communication and presentation skills
- Highly motivated and thorough with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to think critically and creatively when designing and implementing analyses
- Ability to learn quickly and apply training to solve real-world problems in time-sensitive, dynamic situations
- Ability and willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule in order to meet client needs
- Ability to work well under pressure
- A positive and energetic attitude
- When required, ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
How to apply
- Please upload your cover letter, curriculum vitae, and job market paper with your application
- Please have three letters of recommendation sent to EconomicsPhDRecruiting@AlixPartners.com
- Applications should be submitted by November 14, 2021 to be considered for first round of interviews
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.