Data Analytics Consultant - Retail
Client Services - Technology & Digital United States
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
What you'll do:
In this role, you will have the chance to create ETL workflows, scripts, visualizations, and statistical models while taking responsibility for the design, build, test, execution, and support of data-related activities including but not limited to integration, profiling, cleansing, and visualization building.
The ideal candidate will have advanced capabilities to manipulate and make sense of large datasets and poorly structured data to allow in-depth analysis of existing and potential data insights.
- Collect data from a wide variety of enterprise and ad-hoc databases including analytical and operational systems, Excel spreadsheets, flat-files, MS Access, etc.
- Load and manipulate massive datasets using SQL database engines such as AWS Redshift, MSSQL, Azure Synapse, or other technologies such as Python, Azure Data Factory, and Alteryx
- Implement automated data ingestion and transformation processes
- Enrich client data through external and public sources
- Build effective, reliable, and robust processes that govern the data ingestion flow
- Design structured database/data-lake models, efficient table/file structures, and advanced schemas that carry out data quality and consistency standards
- Apply modern data modeling approaches, business intelligence patterns, and data management techniques
Data Analysis & Visualization
- Apply data analysis and visualization technologies to extract patterns and insights
- Leverage interactive data visualization tools, such as Tableau and PowerBI, to build intuitive dashboards and present results in a compelling manner
- Apply statistical modelling toolsets to uncover otherwise hidden facts in the data
- Present complicated technical findings to non-technical audiences
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Computer Sciences, Engineering, or another quantitative related field.
- 3+ years of experience in business analyst / data analytics / analytics engineer roles or similar
- Advanced data manipulation skills using SQL-like technologies such as AWS Redshift (preferred), MS SQL Server, Azure Synapse, or others
- Advanced data visualization and charting skills with Tableau (preferred), PowerBI, or similar
- Ability to develop creative solutions, solve intricate problems, and communicate results and approaches to all types of audiences.
- AlixPartners requires COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for this position, subject to reasonable accommodation.
- Openness for up to 75% travel M-F.
- Comfort with big data architectures, especially on cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, GCP, or others.
- Experience in the retail industry
- Ability to use any of the following scripting languages: Python, R, PowerShell, or similar
- Experience with ETL/ELT tools such as Azure Data Factory, MS SSIS, Alteryx, or similar.
- Experience with data analysis and modelling technologies such as Alteryx, Databricks, or similar
- Motivated to discover and learn new analytical techniques and software tools to improve the quality of our work.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties, or responsibilities.
AlixPartners is a results-driven global consulting firm that specializes in helping businesses successfully address their most complex and critical challenges. www.alixpartners.com
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a competitive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners has a Hybrid Work framework to support our employees. How this works in practice varies by geography and function based on client and team requirements. As this framework is new post-COVID-19 pandemic, it may also change over time.
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.