Global Candidate Privacy Notice
Data protection principles
We will comply with all applicable data protection and privacy laws, which means that your Personal Data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- Collected and processed only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes
- Accurate and kept up to date
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about
- Kept securely
The kind of information we hold about you
In connection with your application for work with us, we will collect, store, and use the following categories of Personal Data about you:
- The information you have provided to us in your curriculum vitae, resume and cover letter
- The information you have provided on our recruitment application form, including name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, employment history, qualifications, compensation expectations, immigration status, National Insurance Number/ ID Number, Social Security Number or other national identifier
- Any information you provide to us during an interview
- Assessment (as defined below) responses
- Assessment Data (as defined below)
We may also collect, store, and use the following types of more sensitive Personal Data:
- Information about your health, including any medical condition
- Information about criminal convictions and offences.
How is your Personal Data collected
We collect Personal Data about candidates from the following sources:
- You, the candidate
- A recruitment agency
- Publicly accessible websites including LinkedIn and professional or corporate databases
- In some jurisdictions, your named referees
How we will use information about you
We will use the Personal Data we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Assessing your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role for which you have applied and/ or any other role for which we consider you may be suitable for and/ or which we consider may be of interest to you now or in the future
- Carrying out background and reference checks, where applicable
- Communicating with you about the recruitment and selection process
- Keeping records related to our recruitment and selection processes
- Complying with legal or regulatory requirements
- managing AlixPartners's recruitment related activities as well as for organizational planning purposes globally
- Match you with other companies that are seeking someone with your skills and qualifications. We will never disclose any of your information to a company without speaking to you first
- Pursuing our legitimate interests (provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests)
It is in our legitimate interests to decide whether to appoint you to a role and enter into a contract of employment (or provision of services, or other contract) with you, since these decisions affect our business and management.
Having received your application and the analysis from the Assessment, we will then process that information to decide whether you meet the basic requirements to be shortlisted for the role. If you do, we will decide whether your application is strong enough to invite you for the interview stage. If we decide to call you to interview, we will use the information you provide to us to set up and conduct the interview and Assessments and we will use the information you provide to us during the interview and Assessments to decide whether to offer you the role. If we decide to offer you the role, we or a third party will then take up references and carry out relevant pre-employment screening as permissible with applicable local laws.
How we use sensitive Personal Data
We will use your sensitive Personal Data in the following ways:
- We will use information about your disability status to consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments during the recruitment process, for example whether adjustments need to be made during an Assessment or interview
- To the extent permitted by applicable laws, we will use information about your nationality in order to determine your right to work in specific jurisdictions.
- Details of how we use information about any criminal convictions are below.
To the extent permitted by all applicable laws, we will process information about criminal convictions should you have any.
We will, to the extent permitted by all applicable laws, collect information about your criminal convictions history if we decide to offer you a role (conditional on checks and any other conditions, such as references, being satisfactory).
We have in place an appropriate policy document and safeguards which we are required by law to maintain when processing such data.
If you do not provide Personal Data
If you do not provide information when requested, where such information is necessary for us to consider your application (such as evidence of qualifications or work history), we will not be able to process your application successfully.
Assessment Responses and Assessment Data
AlixPartners is a global firm comprising a group of companies established and incorporated in jurisdictions across the world (the “AlixPartners Group”) and as part of the AlixPartners Group’s recruitment and selection process, and the engaging of independent contractors, candidates undertake certain assessments to evaluate them as a candidate for recruitment as a Managing Director, employee or engagement as an independent contractor. The assessment (the “Assessment”) comprises questions that you will be required to answer and your answers will be used to: (i) measure certain aspects of your intellectual abilities including cognitive abilities, reasoning abilities, attention to detail and general knowledge; and (ii) understand your personality characteristics and work style (the “Assessment Analysis”).
You have applied for a position with the AlixPartners Group and the Assessment is a significant part of the AlixPartners Group’s evaluation of your suitability for such position (the “Purpose”). As such:
- The AlixPartners Group will collect and process your responses to the Assessment (“Responses”). The AlixPartners Group will receive and process Responses, to produce the Assessment Analysis for the Purpose. In particular, The AlixPartners Group will collect and process Responses to produce the Assessment Analysis.
- The AlixPartners Group will use your Assessment Analysis for the Purpose and will provide access to a summary of the Assessment Analysis to individuals across the AlixPartners Group who are involved in the evaluation of your suitability for the position for which you are applying.
- If you are successful in your application for the position for which you are applying with the AlixPartners Group and you accept such position, the AlixPartners Group will retain your Responses and your Assessment Analysis and will use your Responses and your Assessment Analysis for your professional development within the AlixPartners Group.
We will only share your Personal Data with third parties for the purposes of processing your application. All our third-party service providers and other entities in the AlixPartners Group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Data in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your Personal Data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your Personal Data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Following a recruitment and selection exercise information, in both paper and electronic form, will be held by the HR department and the Recruitment Department.
If you are not successful in your application, we will retain your Personal Data for a period of five years (or shorter if required by local law) after we have communicated to you our decision about whether to appoint you to a role. We retain your Personal Data for that period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. We will also retain your details to evaluate your suitability for any other positions within AlixPartners, which we think you may be suitable for. After this period, we will securely destroy your Personal Data in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
We have put in place appropriate technical and organisational safeguards to prevent your Personal Data from being lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your Personal Data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to- know. They will only process your Personal Data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your Personal Data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your Personal Data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of Personal Data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Data to another party.
- If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your Personal Data , object to the processing of your Personal Data , or request that we transfer a copy of your Personal Data to another party, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in writing.
I acknowledge that I read and understand AlixPartners Candidate Privacy Notice. I understand that the will AlixPartners Group collect, process, retain and use my Personal Data as explained and set out in the AlixPartners Candidate Privacy Notice.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.