Investigations, Disputes & Risk | Economics | Senior Vice President
Client Services - Investigations, Disputes & Risk New York
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
The Economics Consulting practice provides litigation support and expert testimony to clients facing litigation and regulatory scrutiny in the areas of competition, securities and finance, intellectual property, and other complex commercial situations. Our capabilities in antitrust and merger review were recently enhanced with the acquisition of Matrix Economics. Our economists and academic affiliates combine sharp economic insights, grounded in data-driven analytics, with diverse academic, industry, and subject matter expertise. As a team, we thrive on bringing creative and effective solutions that make a difference to our clients. We are currently seeking consultants with a focus in antitrust and merger review.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with academic and internal experts to provide economic analysis in antitrust litigation and merger reviews
- Study the effects of firm conduct on the competitive process in relevant markets, using a combination of basic research, economic modeling, and econometric analyses
- Identify, develop, and implement data-driven, cutting-edge, and litigation-proof analytical solutions to complex economics problems
- Manage multiple workstreams and large-scale data analytic projects, in a collaborative manner that guides colleagues to work efficiently towards a common goal
- Communicate research and findings to internal teams, academic experts, and clients
- Assist in the preparation, drafting, and auditing of expert reports and other highly specialized client deliverables
- Train and mentor team members
- Perform quality control review over work product
This is a full time Investigation, Disputes, and Risk Consultant position. Relocation assistance may be available for this position.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- A Ph.D. degree in economics or a related subject with specialization in industrial organization, applied microeconomics, econometrics, or other quantitative fields
- The ideal candidate will be working toward obtaining a Ph.D. degree with a planned graduation date in 2021
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with proficiency in programming and modeling tools such as Stata, R, Python, SAS, Matlab, and Mathematica
- Strong project management and organizational skills, including the ability to manage and prioritize multiple workstreams across team members to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well in a team environment, as well as independently, with an entrepreneurial attitude
- A professional demeanor with advanced communication and presentation skills
- Highly motivated and thorough with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to think critically and creatively when designing and implementing analyses to address complex issues
- Ability to learn quickly and apply training to solve real-world problems in time-sensitive, dynamic situations
- Ability to work well under pressure
- A positive and energetic attitude
- When required, ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Foreign language skills are a plus
- Please upload your resume, cover letter, and job market paper as an additional portfolio attachment with your application
- Talent Acquisition may follow up to request three letters of recommendation
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.