Service Desk Senior Engineer
Corporate Services - Information Technology New York
At AlixPartners, we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
AlixPartners has a Hybrid Work framework to support our employees. Under this framework, generally Corporate Services people may be able to work remotely up to two days per week. How this works in practice varies by geography and function based on client and team requirements. As this framework is new post-COVID-19 pandemic, it may also change over time.
AlixPartners requires COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for this position, subject to reasonable accommodation.
What you’ll do
In this critical role on AlixPartners’ Corporate Services Information Technology team, a successful Service Desk Engineer will work on the IT Service Desk to provide a high level of customer service and software/hardware problem resolution. This will be achieved by performing in depth diagnosis and guiding users through step-by-step solutions to ensure a successful outcome when fielding calls from the user base, creating the initial record of the request and resolving all Level One/Level Two end-user problems over the phone or in-person. We seek a highly organized, detail-oriented person who can work independently and manage multiple projects with competing priorities. Clear communication, teamwork and professionalism are key core values that this candidate would need to display.
The Service Desk Senior Engineer is located in New York, NY, reporting to the New York Service Desk Lead. Paid relocation is not available.
- Handle incoming IT queries and help requests from end users, either via email, chat message or over the phone in a timely fashion. Take detailed notes of the problem the user is experiencing, determine steps can be taken to resolve the issue, and manage the flow of incoming support requests. This involves asking questions to determine the full scope of the user’s issue.
- High profile meeting setup and monitoring both on and off site.
- Directly resolve user technical issues as they arrive. This can involve In-person help, remotely accessing the user’s computer and making changes to their system and settings or walk the user through steps they can take to resolve the issue on their own.
- Maintain detailed records of user issues with software and hardware. These notes can help diagnose and repair complex issues and provide IT departments with data regarding recurring issues and problems reported by multiple users. By maintaining detailed records, the service desk team can also look at a user’s history of software or hardware issues and make recommendations to prevent future problems.
- Escalate requests that cannot be resolved by the Service Desk to higher level IT teams, and contact third-party vendors for warranty service repair as necessary
- Provide routine contact support one-on-one end-user problem resolution over the phone or by email
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of all asset information for all PC’s, local/networked printers, monitors and defined peripherals
- Administer mobile technology (not limited to) iOS and InTune
- Diagnose and resolve end-user network or local printer problems, PC hardware problems and, e-mail, Internet, VPN, and local-area network access problems
- Coordinate timely repair of PC computer equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements
- Participate and assist in office moves, this involves user's workstation (Laptop, Monitors, Phone, docking station, Keyboard/Mouse, Network cables...etc.) move and setup from one area/floor to another, or new workstation setup.
- Active involvement in IT department and its projects, providing feedback/ideas as appropriate
- Additional responsibilities as identified; this description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities
What you’ll need
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a similar position
- Experience with Exchange ActiveSync
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365, Outlook, Desktop and Laptop PC’s, Windows 10, relevant software, printers and networking
- Familiarity with working from a ticketing system as part of a larger team supporting many clients
- Certification in at least one technical product set would be preferred (MCSE etc.)
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices; beneficial to have worked in an ITIL based environment
- Highly effective customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate verbally and written with people at all levels
- Process oriented with strong organizational skills and high-level attention to detail and demonstrated skill in problem analysis and resolution
- Ability to work independently and within a team in high pressure situations
- Willing to learn; adaptable with a “can do” attitude
- Fluent in English; other languages useful
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Occasional travel, less than 5%
- Occasional non-normal business hours maintenance
- Must be familiar with, and promote and abide by, all Firm values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and in terms of Ethics, Diversity and Inclusion
- Must be able to work full time in an office environment and be physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a competitive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.