Network Security Engineer
Corporate Services - Information Technology Chicago
At AlixPartners, we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
AlixPartners has a Hybrid Work framework to support our employees. Under this framework, generally Corporate Services people may be able to work remotely up to two days per week. How this works in practice varies by geography and function based on client and team requirements. As this framework is new post-COVID-19 pandemic, it may also change over time.
AlixPartners requires COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for this position, subject to reasonable accommodation.
What you'll do
AlixPartners is looking for a highly motivated Information Security professional to fulfill the Network Security Engineer role for our corporate IT Department. In this critical role on AlixPartners’ Corporate Services team, you will develop and maintain the high-level design plan for the overall logistical and technical IT security architecture including, providing technical leadership and consulting across the organization and gaining commitment to initiate and participate in projects for implementing these plans. In addition, the candidate will provide support for our next generation firewalls, IPS, VPN, Cloud Proxy, SD-Wan, SSL Decryption and Two Factor Authentication.
The Network Security Engineer is a full-time role with a preferred location of Southfield, Michigan or Chicago, IL; other U.S. AlixPartners office locations may be considered. This position may be contract to hire. Paid relocation is not available.
- Provide planning, design, engineering, implementation, configuration, operational support and troubleshooting for our network security infrastructure
- Validation of firewall configuration, rule creation, and assessment of firewall traffic flow (dynamic routing, log analysis).
- Research and assess new threats and security alerts, and recommends remedial actions to ensure network security design is resilient enough to deal with the latest threats and attacks scenarios.
- Develop technical documentation, including standards and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for operations personnel
- Provide design and expert technical input / support for engineering network security solutions based on recognized standards and best practices
- Report on key compliance and operational metrics for the network security infrastructure
- Work with vendors, application developers, database administrators, corporate IT, and other technology groups to deploy new or updated technology projects.
- Conduct routine hardware and software audits of all supported systems to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, procedures, and requirements
- Periodic security assessment of firewall, router, switches, VPN, SSL concentrator and other network component security configurations
- Maintain proper change management documentation for all hardware and software modifications
- Provide reliable 24/7 support for numerous facilities
- Report progress to supervisor and project managers, including the preparation of weekly status reports
- Provide Investigation support of any actual or potential information security incidents.
- Additional responsibilities as identified.
- This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you'll need
- Minimum two years of network security engineering experience
- Experience with Palo Alto Next Generation Firewalls is preferred
- CISSP - ISC2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional is a plus
- CNSE - Palo Alto Network’s Certified Network Security Engineer is a plus
- CCSP - Cisco Certified Security Professional is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field preferred; work experience and background will be considered in lieu of formal education
- Proven project management and organizational skills specifically managing multiple concurrent projects
- Competency with network security and information security concepts and technologies
- Solid organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize; ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, consistently changing environment, and respond to urgent situations, as required
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, all Firm values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and in terms of Ethics, Diversity and Inclusion
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.