Our Talent Acquisition team reviews each application in consideration for all open roles, so you don't need to fill out multiple applications.
HR Business Partner Manager
Corporate Services - People New York
At AlixPartners, we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
AlixPartners has a Hybrid Work framework to support our employees. How this works in practice varies by geography and function based on client and team requirements. As this framework is new post-COVID-19 pandemic, it may also change over time.
AlixPartners requires COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for this position, subject to reasonable accommodation.
What you’ll do
Interested in a future that exceeds your expectations? AlixPartners, a leading global consulting firm, is looking for an experienced Human Resources Manager to be part of the Enterprise Improvement People Operations leadership team. In this position, you will help drive results and continued rapid growth in a strategic and highly collaborative HR and business role, working closely with the HR COEs and as a trusted advisor with Enterprise Improvement (EI) Practice Leaders.
This role manages people operations for our Enterprise Improvement practice team(s) including the planning, coordination and implementation of the full range of people activities related to; performance management, professional development, resource planning and employee engagement.
The People Business Partner Manager – Americas EI is a full-time role with a preferred location of Southfield, MI, New York, NY, or Chicago, IL, reporting to the People Business Partner Director - EI.
- Work closely with the People Business Partner Director - EI and EI Managing Directors to understand and accomplish Practice area(s) business operating, growth and profitability results, while delivering a top employer of choice experience to our team.
- Serve as a lead point of service across applicable EI Practice(s). Provide advice and counsel on all human capital related matters; workforce planning, employee relations, consultant and leadership development, on-boarding, HR operations, employee communications, resource planning and staffing, compensation/total rewards and retention.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Firm’s culture and Practice area(s) business. Use data to measure and manage Practice(s) key performance metrics; analyzes trends and develops proactive actions to further support business objectives.
- Partner with firm’s HR COEs to solve business problems and to execute firm-wide talent initiatives. Plan, implement, communicate, and administer people programs and capabilities within Enterprise Improvement Americas Practice(s).
- Support practice leaders manage employee relations activity including; separations, performance management actions, and conflict resolution.
- Serve as a steward of development planning, as well as, an effective personal coach with individual consultants and leaders.
- Work seamlessly with practice leaders, people business partners, and talent managers to optimally manage staff allocation, provide timely reporting and staff client engagements while balancing consultant career development goals.
- Support the development and execution of EI Community on-boarding and training.
- Serve as a culture carrier. Develop partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization.
- Review and assist with maintenance of human resources information systems to ensure recordkeeping and reporting requirements are accurate and timely.
- Maintain an effective level of HR knowledge and theory, as well as, business literacy about the business units’ financial position, its mid-range plans, its culture and its competition.
- Additional responsibilities as identified. This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties, or responsibilities
What you’ll need
- 7+ years, or equivalent, of progressive talent management, human resources or related experience required, ideally in a professional services firm.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Human Resources or related area; Advanced Graduate level Degree preferred. SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification a plus.
- Extensive employee relations experience is a must, including experience managing difficult situations and/or investigations
- Effective written, verbal communication, listening and facilitation skills; proactively communicates, and modulates communication to audience. Ability to comfortably and effectively communicate with executive leaders and staff at all levels with confidence.
- Proactive and flexible approach with the ability to learn and adapt quickly to changing business needs.
- Possess business acumen and business partnership capabilities. Demonstrated ability to influence others and build strong, collaborative relationships and networks. Ability to work with executive leaders, providing exceptional customer service results.
- Demonstrates success supporting groups remotely, effectively partnering with leaders and building relationships at a distance
- Proven analytical, prioritizing, problem-solving, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills with the ability to handling competing priorities, probe, analyze and problem-solve issues with minimal guidance.
- Mitigates risk by understanding current legislation, coaching and enforcing regulations with managers, and proactively recommending procedural improvements.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite & related Internet applications
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, all Firm values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and in terms of Ethics, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.