Retailers vying for relevancy
Rumors of retail’s death have been greatly exaggerated. Retail sales continue to rise, but channel share is shifting away dramatically from physical stores to online, driven by changing consumer behaviors, new entrants, and new technologies. In the midst of industry disruption, successful retailers are embracing self-centric consumers but understand that self-centric doesn’t mean being all things to all consumers.
This report reveals:
- What top performing companies are doing to cause disruption or mitigate its impact
- The factors affecting companies in the lowest segment
- Whether these forces disrupt all companies equally
- What anomalies tell us about the industry
The impact of disruption for retailers
The AlixPartners retail industry disruption report analyzes the key factors impacting the sector, and uncovers the implications for leaders, including:
- Successful retailers are embracing self-centric consumers but understand that self-centric doesn’t mean being all things to all consumers.
- Retailers must think outside of old operating models and in new and integrated ways, with speed and agility being critical.
- Faster and more flexible systems can integrate customer data and embed test-and-learn capabilities throughout an organization to take advantage of new insights and respond in real-time to changing consumer preferences.
AlixPartners Disruption Insights identifies strategic priorities and tactics that successful businesses are employing to survive—and thrive—in the midst of ongoing disruption cycles. Complete the form to download the full retail industry analysis.