Enterprise Improvement Senior Vice President, Transport and Logistics
Client Services - Enterprise Improvement London
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
Our Enterprise Improvement (EI) teams work with healthy, under-performing and distressed companies across a variety of urgent, high impact situations.
The team helps our clients deliver significant improvement in business performance and enterprise value across various industries through five key areas: revenue growth, profit improvement, cash management, digital enablement, and organizational effectiveness.
The Enterprise Improvement team is experiencing an exciting phase of growth specifically for operations related work within Transportation and Logistics, focused on both service providers and shippers. We are looking for a Senior Vice President who will be able to seize this unique opportunity and truly develop the operational footprint and build a long-term career at AlixPartners.
What you’ll do
As a Senior Vice President, you will be at the core of the Enterprise Improvement team, you will lead senior client deliverables as part of a smaller team which are insight-driven, and implementation focused. You will be conducting complex and high impact work coupled with a tailored approach with rigorous but pragmatic analysis. You will have a strong suite of consulting and operational knowledge; you will be working alongside experienced staff with practical, real-world experience that can swiftly identify opportunities and real issues.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Master’s degree and / or an MBA, and evidence of a strong academic record.
- A degree in Business, Finance or Engineering is preferable but not essential.
- Extensive and relevant experience preferably with a mix of consulting and industry within the transportation and logistics sector.
- Specific delivery experience and project leadership in operational improvement:
- Manufacturing/distribution footprint optimization
- End-to-end supply chain transformation and distribution solution design,
- Procurement of transportation and logistics services
- Warehouse and transportation management and the relevant management systems
- Demonstrable track record in achieving implementation oriented, qualitative solutions in multiple workstreams.
- Deep understanding of business issues and the ability to communicate them effectively to team leaders and clients.
- Willingness to build professional and personal growth by working in high-impact situations under time-pressure.
- True passion for achieving ambitious results.
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills along with strong financial literacy and modelling.
- Passion for transportation and logistics and a contributor to / participant in industry events / conferences.
- Excellent relationship management with c-suite stakeholders while achieving results.
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, and executive-level presentation skills.
- Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of an additional language would be advantageous, in particular German language skills.
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to among other things, race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or status as an individual with disability.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.