Creditor Advisory Services Director
Client Services - Turnaround & Restructuring New York
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
What you’ll do
The Creditor Advisory Services function draws upon our operational and financial expertise to assess the situation. We work with creditor groups to develop and implement strategies to deliver optimum outcomes from financially distressed situations. In this vital role, you will join a highly recognized creditor team with state-of-the-art technology expertise, strong financial, accounting and operational backgrounds with significant restructuring experience.
The Creditor Advisory Services team act as financial advisor to:
- Unsecured creditors’ committees
- Secured lenders
- Bondholders and bond insurers
- Governmental entities
- Labor constituencies
Our seasoned professionals are recognized experts in their field, leveraging their skills and experience to create measurable, improved outcomes for our clients. TRS Directors join a team of AlixPartners professionals providing business, financial and strategic consulting advice to companies that are underperforming and/or highly leveraged. In this interesting and challenging role, you will make an impact by helping clients effectively address their challenges and support organizational excellence in ‘high stakes’ situations.
The TRS Director role is an experienced senior level position that leads and manages client engagement team(s). For this role you will have direct restructuring advisory and creditor (specifically UCC) experience with top tier consulting firms or large global organization(s) that underwent a major restructuring. TRS Directors have strong financial and analytical skills and are able to quickly define, align, and scale the data gathering and assessment based on client needs. Strong interpersonal, and communication skills and executive presence is essential with the ability to lead clients and engagement teams through challenging in-and-out of court turnaround and restructuring situations.
Activities you will be involved in whilst working in Creditor Advisory Services include:
- Evaluating company strategy and viability, business plan feasibility, and management capabilities
- Developing recovery strategies and negotiating with other stakeholders
- Performing valuations of enterprises or subsidiaries, using market-driven data and transactions
- Investigating accounting and financial reporting, and supporting related litigation including preferences, fraudulent transfers, or other causes of action
The Creditor Advisory Services Director role is a full-time position located in New York. Paid relocation is not available for this position.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Minimum 10-15 years of relevant restructuring / distressed experience in a professional service or consulting firm environment, particularly with unsecured creditors’ committees.
- Prior hands-on experience building / developing / overseeing integrated 3-statement financial and 13-week cash flow models.
- Analytical, adept at quickly defining, aligning, scaling, and assessing data modeling with the client needs. Ensures 80/20 approach to rapidly draw conclusions. Skilled and quickly identifying anomalies, inconsistencies, errors and conclusions.
- Consistent track record of successfully structuring and leading client engagements that achieved desired results, often times exceeding client expectations.
- High energy style, flexible and adaptive, with the ability to work well in a very fast paced environment.
- Understanding and the ability to adapt to complex client environments and situations.
- Expertise defining, communicating, motivating and driving change at executive levels and across the broader community of stakeholders.
- Exceptional negotiation skills with complex/sophisticated situations involving senior level stakeholders.
- Able to develop credible recommendations under shortened time constraints and imperfect information.
- A ‘big picture point of view’, recognizing critical areas requiring analysis and review. Quickly structures approaches to solve complex problems. Balanced and flexible, anticipates and changes direction as necessary.
- Experience synthesizing complex unstructured information rapidly and applies good business judgment driving quickly to deep insights into possible impacts and solutions.
- Are Thought Leaders and have experience delivering innovative solutions with the development of new tools, methodologies and approaches.
- Proven track record of effectively planning for and proactively mitigates risks on projects and work streams.
- Experience with proposal development, strong commercial instincts and interest.
- In addition to self, generates growing demand for other firm resources in prospective and existing clients.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently extend work for him/herself and others team members on client projects. Identifies and cultivates new opportunities.
- Expert written communication skills, self-directed with preparation of client ready document and presentation development.
- Articulate, persuasive, communicator. Commands the room, handles executive and difficult audiences well. Readily adapts style and message appropriately to audience and circumstance. Outstanding at impromptu communication under pressure.
- Engenders client confidence and trust with executives at all levels. Builds counseling relationships with clients and peers.
- Works effectively at all levels - Managing Directors, peers etc.
- Effective mentor to team members. With an interest in their career progression.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- An undergraduate degree from a top academic institution and a strong GPA required.
- Advanced degree(s) and applicable professional certification(s) are preferred.
- Ability and willingness to undertake travel on occasion is required. At times, long hours during the week and on weekends, due to client demands, may be necessary.
- Willingness to work outside of normal U.S. business hours, and in particular as unique projects/needs arise.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners has a Hybrid Work framework to support our employees. Under this framework, generally external client facing people may combine client-site, AlixPartners office and remote working. How this works in practice varies by geography and function based on client and team requirements. As this framework is new post-COVID-19 pandemic, it may also change over time.
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.