Turnaround and Restructuring Services Director
Client Services - Turnaround & Restructuring Paris
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
What you’ll do
AlixPartners delivers a suite of integrated offerings to support our clients in achieving their business strategy. Our Turnaround & Restructuring Services community advises and/or provides interim management services to underperforming companies or in the representation of their creditor constituents.
With a team of the most respected turnaround professionals in the industry, AlixPartners is widely recognized for its long and successful record in helping companies resolve urgent situations and implement rapid change.
Our professionals share a practical, results-oriented mind-set in which failure is not an option. We work side by side with both management teams and stakeholders to provide a broad range of services to companies and other constituents facing strategic, financial, and operational challenges. Our engagements vary in size and complexity from mid-market to very large cross-border situations. Amongst a very broad line of other services, we serve as the restructuring advisor and/or interim management for insolvencies, bankruptcies, and restructuring cases across a wide range of industries across the globe.
The TRS Director role is an experienced senior level position that leads and manages client engagement team(s). A TRS Director will have direct restructuring advisory experience with top tier consulting firms and/or CEO/CFO experience with a large global organization(s) that underwent a major restructuring. TRS Directors have strong financial and analytical skills and are able to quickly define, align, and scale the data gathering and assessment based on client needs. Strong interpersonal, and communication skills and executive presence is essential with the ability to lead clients and engagement teams through challenging in-and-out of court turnaround and restructuring situations. Ability and willingness to undertake extensive travel is required. At times, long hours during the week and on weekends, due to client demands, may be necessary.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you'll need
- Minimum 10-15 years of relevant restructuring / distressed experience in a professional service or consulting firm environment.
- Prior hands-on experience building / developing / overseeing integrated 3-statement financial and 13 week cash flow models.
- Analytical, adept at quickly defining, aligning, scaling, and assessing data modelling with the client needs. Ensures 80/20 approach to rapidly draw conclusions. Skilled and quickly identifying anomalies, inconsistencies, errors and conclusions.
- Consistent track record of successfully structuring and leading client engagements that achieved desired results, often times exceeding client expectations.
- High energy style, flexible and adaptive, with the ability to work well in a very fast paced environment.
- Understanding and the ability to adapt to complex client environments and situations.
- Expertise defining, communicating, motivating and driving change at executive levels and across the broader community of stakeholders.
- Exceptional negotiation skills with complex/sophisticated situations involving senior level stakeholders.
- Able to develop credible recommendations under shortened time constraints and imperfect information.
- A ‘big picture point of view’, recognizing critical areas requiring analysis and review. Quickly structures approaches to solve complex problems. Balanced and flexible, anticipates and changes direction as necessary.
- Experience synthesizing complex unstructured information rapidly and applies good business judgment driving quickly to deep insights into possible impacts and solutions.
- Are Thought Leaders and have experience delivering innovative solutions with the development of new tools, methodologies and approaches.
- Proven track record of effectively planning for and proactively mitigates risks on projects and work streams.
- Experience with proposal development, strong commercial instincts and interest.
- In addition to self, generates growing demand for other firm resources in prospective and existing clients.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently extend work for him/herself and others team members on client projects. Identifies and cultivates new opportunities.
- Expert written communication skills, self-directed with preparation of client ready document and presentation development.
- Articulate, persuasive, communicator. Commands the room, handles executive and difficult audiences well. Readily adapts style and message appropriately to audience and circumstance. Outstanding at impromptu communication under pressure.
- Engenders client confidence and trust with executives at all levels. Builds counseling relationships with clients and peers.
- Works effectively at all levels - Managing Directors, peers etc..
- Effective mentor to team members. With an interest in their career progression.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- An undergraduate degree from a top academic institution and a strong GPA required.
- Advanced degree(s) and applicable professional certification(s) are preferred.
- Fluent English
- Adaptable and proficient with change in a practical environment
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently, with the high-energy, flexibility and adaptability required to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to build relationships with clients and peers.
- Hands-on, number savvy, highly analytical with attention to detail, dedicated, entrepreneurial, autonomous, great teammate, credible communicator, with mature and professional style
- Strong social skills, including: giving clear direction to the team; executing projects according to established team norms, defining roles, and expectations; coaching and developing direct reports; and capitalising on the strengths of each team member on projects.
- Use of a systematic approach to quickly and logically identify key issues and examining those issues thoroughly and holistically to formulate appropriate solutions.
- Able to work under pressure to meet challenging deadlines and make decisions
- Possesses strong attention to details, able to produce clear and accurate written outputs
- Confident when talking to clients
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours, and in particular as unique projects/needs arise.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program.
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to among other things, race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or status as an individual with disability.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.