Revenue Assurance Senior Accountant
Corporate Services - Finance Detroit
At AlixPartners, we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
AlixPartners has a Hybrid Work framework to support our employees. Under this framework, generally Corporate Services people may be able to work remotely up to two days per week. How this works in practice varies by geography and function based on client and team requirements. As this framework is new post-COVID-19 pandemic, it may also change over time.
What you’ll do
As a member of the Global Corporate Accounting team, the Revenue Accounting Senior Accountant is responsible for ensuring high quality and timely global consolidated financial statement reporting and acts as a key resource to the organization for accounting guidance and support in the area of revenue recognition and the order to cash value stream.
The Revenue Accounting Senior Accountant is a full-time role located in Southfield, Michigan and reports to the Revenue Accounting Manager. Paid relocation may be considered for this position.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual global consolidated financial reporting including financial disclosures for revenue recognition, accounts receivable, work in process, and collections activity. Review for completeness and accuracy.
- Initiate enhancements in the timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of revenue assurance accounting processes.
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues to continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the entire order to cash value stream; including establishment of client engagement and contract review, invoicing, revenue recognition, and cash application.
- Research authoritative accounting guidance in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Review agreements with clients to ensure appropriate revenue recognition methodologies are followed; including accounting for complex and unique transactions.
- Implement new accounting pronouncements and adapt corporate accounting policies and procedures.
- Create tools to facilitate monthly analytical review procedures.
- Acts as a key point of contact for the external auditors.
- Support integration of revenue accounting and order to cash core process for newly acquired entities. Ensure consistency of financial statement methodologies and classification across entities.
- Identify opportunities to further leverage financial systems; improve efficiency and effectiveness of internal and external reporting.
- Act as a business partner to colleagues across functions and consulting communities. Proactively provide information and solutions. Serve as a key resource to the organization for revenue accounting and reporting guidance and support.
- Additional responsibilities as identified.
- This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree; emphasis in accounting or finance highly preferred.
- CPA (or equivalent certification) with minimum three (3) years public accounting experience required (Big 4 or large regional firm preferred).
- Advanced analytical and technical accounting skills.
- Self-motivated; initiates activities with high degree of drive, passion, and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ability to execute the completion of high quality, accurate, and detailed work product.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities effectively and adapt to changing circumstances to meet strict deadlines under time constraints.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience with SAP a plus.
- Must be familiar with, and promote and abide by, all Firm values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and in terms of Ethics, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a competitive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.