Applied Analytics Director
Client Services - Technology & Digital London
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
Our Data and Analytics experts work within integrated teams from Enterprise Improvement, Financial Advisory Services and Turnaround and Restructuring; meaning the jobs we do cover every aspect of a business. Along with this, our seasoned professionals are recognised as experts in their respective fields, leveraging their skills and experience to create measurably improved outcomes for our clients.
What you’ll do
This is an opportunity to join our Digital practice at a time of significant growth and development. You will help to grow and evolve our Data and Analytics offering in a number of our core sectors with a particular focus on growing customers, revenue and profitability. We are supporting our clients to tackle some of their most complex business problems using data, analytics and technology. You will take an integral role in identifying, shaping and cultivating new opportunities to work with clients, much of the time in close partnership with other areas of the firm.
You will prefer to be hands-on in the use of data and analytics to solve business challenges, comfortable working with senior executives and investors, and enjoy leading other colleagues to help define the business objectives. Examples of our past work include helping some of the world’s best known companies leverage data to realise their business objectives, working with private equity investors to evolve their company portfolios, and supporting high-profile turnaround cases.
- Identify and cultivate new consulting opportunities.
- Lead analytics solutioning and delivery teams in coordination with other teams within the firm.
- Help formulate hypotheses of potential issues and reasons for financial performance.
- Develop data-driven and analytical approaches for improving company performance.
- Present findings, key insights and proposed solutions to client senior management.
- Manage high-performance teams in implementing solutions.
- Bring hands on experience in analysis and applications of data from a wide variety of complex, high-volume structured and unstructured databases, 3rd party providers and publicly available data.
- Understand how predictive models, machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms are used to develop data driven insight and identify strategies for improving it.
- Leverage your knowledge of technology to develop tactical tools and solutions to support business strategy execution.
- Present technical approach, implementation approach and findings to a non-technical audience.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Strong academic background in science, technology or business studies;
- Extensive blue chip consulting experience in Data and Analytics is essential.
- Hands-on leadership experience from a highly relevant Data / Analytics role in industry would be desirable.
- Industry experience preferred in Retail, CPG and Private Equity.
- Experience with proposal development, strong commercial instincts and interest. In addition to self, generates growing demand for other firm resources in prospective and existing clients.
- Demonstrable ability to consistently extend work for him/herself and other team members on client projects.
- Understands and adapts to complex client environments and situations. Skilled at defining, communicating, motivating and leading change at executive levels and across the broader community of partners.
- A natural and authentic relationship builder who can coach, mentor and develop high performing teams of consultants.
- Demonstrable knowledge of data, technology and programming languages.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast‐paced, entrepreneurial environment comprised of high achievers and high client expectations.
- Competence in foreign languages would be an advantage.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours, and in particular as unique projects/needs arise.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, tuition reimbursement).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.