Compliance and Risk Senior Vice President
Client Services - Investigations, Disputes & Risk United States
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
AlixPartners has a Hybrid Work framework to support our employees. Under this framework, generally Client Services people may combine client-site, AlixPartners office and remote working. How this works in practice varies by geography and function based on client and team requirements. As this framework is new post-COVID-19 pandemic, it may also change over time.
Known internally as a Senior Vice President –Investigations, Disputes & Risk, this is a full-time role that can be based out of multiple locations in the United States.
What you’ll do
Our Investigations, Disputes and Risk (IDR) practice applies accounting, financial and data analysis expertise and experience to assist our clients and address their critical issues. Examples of our services include:
Litigation support and valuation
- Financial damage analysis and lost profits determination
- Valuations of businesses, securities, intellectual property and other intangible assets
- Expert reports and testimony
- Assessing work performed by independent auditors
- Financial investigations including those involving financial statement fraud, asset misappropriation, and corruption.
- Assessments of complex financial transactions for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”) and international financial reporting standards (“IFRS”)
- Reporting and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) and federal securities laws
We are currently looking to add a team member with in-house financial services experience (at banks, broker-dealers, capital markets or asset management organizations) or consulting experience conducting compliance risk assessments for complex organizations. Your work will involve a wide range of activities, such as:
- Utilize your general compliance and risk management knowledge to help conduct risk assessments across functions and business lines
- Research and analyze areas of risk in the business, including identifying inherent risk and calculating residual risk
- Advise on potential solutions that may help reduce the risk for a given business by applying controls/safeguards testing procedures
- Develop and maintain industry contacts and service provider knowledge in order to stay abreast with the latest processes and technology-based controls
- Advise and lead internal teams, as necessary, on compliance and risk topics for client engagements
- Engage with industry experts and represent AlixPartners at industry seminars, symposiums and presentations.
- Assist the team with review of documentation, including but not limited to policies, procedures, and workflow diagrams; conduct walkthroughs of processes to understand control environment
- Communicate with clients and colleagues in written and oral form including drafting reports and presentations to clients
- Evaluate large data sets for the assessment of risk, including by applying a data driven approach
- Perform quality control review over work product
- Organize documents and work papers, including preparing supporting materials
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, mathematics, engineering, actuarial sciences or related; Master’s is desirable
- A minimum of eight years’ relevant experience
- Prior experience in an in-house compliance role in financial services required; prior experience in consulting highly preferred
- Experience conducting risk assessments and other general compliance experience underscoring a solid understanding of business and compliance fundamentals
- Prior experience managing a small team (in-person or remote) is desirable.
- Ability to work with large sets of data with MS Excel
- Exposure to and experience working with other data analysis platforms such as Tableau, PowerBI, or Python is desirable
- Well-developed analytical abilities
- Strong project management skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks, self-prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently with a positive and entrepreneurial attitude
- A professional demeanor with strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability and willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule in order to meet client needs
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally, sometimes on short notice and for extended periods of time
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.