Data Engineer Consultant
Client Services - Technology & Digital Buenos Aires
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
What you’ll do
Are you passionate about a future that exceeds your expectations? Here, at AlixPartners your passion becomes your career. We work in smaller and more senior teams that bring deep industry and functional knowledge to our clients. You will sit shoulder-to-shoulder with C-Level executives to address the issues that sit at the top of their agendas - and often become front-page news.
If you join our practice, you will work with financially secure, under-performing, and distressed companies across a variety of urgent, high impact situations. Our elite professionals are recognized experts in their respective fields, bringing to bear their skills and experience to craft measurable, improved outcomes for our clients.
In this role, you will have the chance to create ELT/ETL workflows, scripts, visualizations, and statistical models while taking responsibility for the design, build, test, execution, and support of data-related activities including but not limited to integration, profiling, cleansing, and visualizing. The ideal candidate will have a detailed understanding of the underlying data and data structures of multiple systems to allow in-depth analysis of existing and potential data insights.
- Collect data from a wide variety of enterprise databases, including Redshift, MSSQL, Synapse, Excel, plain or formatted text files, etc.
- Implement automated data ingestion and transformation processes.
- Enrich client data through external and public sources.
- Build effective, reliable, and robust processes that govern the data ingestion flow.
- Design database models, efficient table structures, and advanced schemas that carry out data quality and consistency standards.
- Apply modern modeling approaches, business intelligence patterns, and data management techniques.
- Rock-solid SQL skills to work with extensive volumes –billions of rows- of data at various aggregation levels.
- Review and analyze legacy code/scripts to understand data processing logic and business rules.
- Apply statistical learning toolsets to build predictive models that enrich, expand, and allow a deeper understanding of data analyses and solutions.
- Use of interactive data visualization tools, such as Tableau and Power BI, to present results in a compelling manner, for the benefit of internal or client teams.
- Ability to tell a convincing story to C-level executives using visual charts and dashboards.
- Present complicated technical findings to a non-technical audience.
- Collaborate with clients and stakeholders, with the ability to build relationships, influence, and provide advice to key decision-makers.
- Prepare client-ready documents and compelling presentation materials.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Computer Sciences, Engineering, or another quantitative related field.
- More than three years of experience in roles with similar characteristics.
- Comfort with big data architectures, both on cloud platforms like AWS/Azure/others and on-premise.
- Capability to be a creative, innovative problem solver —but using simple ideas.
- Motivated to discover and learn new analytical techniques and software tools to improve the quality of our work.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish. Proficiency in other languages is a plus.
- Authorized to work in Argentina and travel freely internationally without restrictions or visa sponsorship.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and travel to meet client demands, if necessary.
- Desire to actively engage in geographically dispersed teams.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
AlixPartners is a results-driven global consulting firm that specializes in helping businesses successfully address their most complex and critical challenges. You can learn more about our Culture and Career Development opportunities,
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, (age), status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.