Internal Audit Senior
Corporate Services - Finance Detroit
At AlixPartners, we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
AlixPartners has a flexible working model to support our employees. With our hybrid working plan, most Corporate Services roles will be able to work remotely up to two days each week.
What you’ll do
Our Internal Audit team is part of the AlixPartners Corporate Services community. As an Internal Auditor, you will be a member of a talented and respected team of individuals whose purpose is to add value to the Company by partnering with the business to provide independent and objective assurance and consulting services. The position will help design and apply a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of the Company’s processes from an efficiency, risk management, control, and governance perspective.
The Internal Audit Senior reports to the Internal Audit Manager and is located in Southfield, Michigan. Unlike internal audit roles at many other companies, this position requires only minimal travel, if any. Paid relocation is not available.
- Assist in maintaining a partnership with internal customers throughout the audit process and ensure the Internal Audit team is seen as a group of trusted professionals that execute value-added processes
- Perform quarterly financial statement assurance procedures
- Perform financial, operational, and compliance audits; Assist in preparing high quality reports on findings
- Identify risks, perform audit procedures, and evaluate trends using data acquisition and analysis tools
- Assess internal controls over financial reporting with respect to Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 (“S-Ox 404”)
- Design and perform tests of controls
- Identify and recommend areas for improvement
- Work with process owners to adapt controls and processes to address changes in the business
- Report identified deficiencies and coordinate remediation and re-testing
- Remain current on new accounting standards and best practices, share knowledge with others
- Provide direct assistance to the external auditors
- Additional responsibilities as identified
- This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting required
- C.P.A. or C.I.A. required
- One - two (1-2) years of recent public accounting experience preferred (Large regional firm preferred) and/or recent internal audit experience at a publicly traded company (a professional services firm is a plus)
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Experience with SEC registrants is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of business processes and controls
- High proficiency with Excel
- Advanced analytical abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with data analysis software (e.g. IDEA or ACL) is a plus
- Experience with international companies is a plus
- Knowledge of IT risks is a plus
- Passion for understanding processes and risks
- Unquestionable integrity; Objective / Independent / Creative
- Balanced skepticism and inquisitive mind while working in cooperation with our internal customers
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy (e.g. testing results, report writing, etc.)
- Highly driven and deadline sensitive; Confident attitude; Self-directed
- Handle multiple and competing priorities effectively
- People person - ability to work with all types of individuals and comfortable around upper management
- Must be familiar with, and promote and abide by, all Firm values as defined by the AlixPartners' Code of Conduct and in terms of Ethics, Diversity and Inclusion
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.