Knowledge Management Associate
Corporate Services - Business Intelligence London
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
What you’ll do
The mission of the Knowledge Management team at AlixPartners is to facilitate the creation, sharing, and leveraging of codified and tacit knowledge throughout the firm.
AlixPartners is looking for a Knowledge Management Specialist to assist with the development and promotion of the firm’s knowledge management tools and capabilities.
The Knowledge Management Specialist is a permanent role located in London and reports to Business Intelligence Knowledge Management Manager.
Paid relocation is not available for this position.
- Support the design, management and maintenance of Industry and Service Line pages on the firm’s SharePoint intranet site
- Gather and make available content that can be used in the pursuit and delivery of new business. Ensure content is of high quality, on brand, sanitized, tagged, secured, and made easily findable by those who may seek it later.
- Support the curation of material to ensure the “latest and greatest” is available, and cull from the system any stale documents.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders to increase engagement with knowledge management initiatives.
- Respond to requests by identifying existing knowledge and relevant content, or by customizing materials, to support client selling and serving activities.
- Direct requestors to the most relevant experts, engagement teams, or other known sources.
- Help in the development of proposals in select situations.
- Additional responsibilities as identified.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (Business-related field preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint required
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint required
- Available for minimal travel
- Work experience/internships in professional services and/or knowledge management a plus
- Strong presentation skills that contribute to successfully influencing people.
- Intellectual curiosity and love of learning that can contribute to process improvement
- Good business sense and judgement
- Confident and capable of proactively engaging with industry and service line leaders to ensure buy-in from the highest levels of firm leadership
- Persistent, yet tactful in identifying and respecting boundaries as the firm shifts toward a culture of greater sharing
- Service oriented towards teammates and the industry and service lines supported
- Interpersonal skills that enable the individual to foster connections with colleagues throughout the firm
- Effective verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate our knowledge management vision throughout the firm
- Strong writing skills, employing brevity and clarity
- Superior attention to detail and ability to manage multiple workstreams at the same time. Stays very organized.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefits program.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.