Data Analytics Vice President
Client Services - Investigations, Disputes & Risk Shanghai
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
AlixPartners Legal Data Analytics practice supports a range of blue-chip clients in their use of data when facing business, legal and regulatory challenges.
The Legal Data Analytics team is responsible for a wide variety of high impact, high stakes work undertaking data intensive fraud investigations, remediation and regulatory driven analytics.
What you’ll do
An opportunity has become available for a Vice President to join our Investigations, Disputes & Risk team to be based in Shanghai. We are looking for an intelligent, pragmatic and results-focused individual who can operate on a wide range of local and international engagements:
- You will be working with complex data sets (financial, operational and otherwise) producing fundamental results to be used by board level executives, business leaders and lawyers in courts and tribunals.
- You will be involved in the design, build and management of data models to solve complex business problems and will work directly with passionate, creative and technically sound colleagues and clients to leverage true value from these data models.
- You will not only develop and build key tools for client delivery but will interface and liaise directly with our client and consultant group positioning and presenting yourself as the true expert. You and your stakeholder management are part of the solution.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- A post graduate degree in business or accounting is preferred but not necessary; or
- An undergraduate degree in a field that emphasizes data analysis and visualization (e.g. mathematics, statistics, computer science, or engineering), or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment
- Relevant experience working in a professional business environment such as another consultancy with experience in audit, programming, analytics, forensic technology or similar
- Enjoy the challenge of forensic investigations and high-profile disputes
- Experience with SQL for querying relational databases
- Experience in manipulating large data sets from multiple data sources and visualizing results using statistical software and other tools (e.g. SSIS, Alteryx, SAS, Qlik, Tableau, PowerBI)
- Experience with data management, validating data and reports from various data sources
- Experience with other coding skills (e.g. Python, VB.NET, R) and application of artificial intelligence is preferred but not essential.
- Experience of eDiscovery projects is preferred but not essential
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, database applications, and other related tools
- Possess business acumen and can deliver consistently with minimal oversight
- Fluency in spoken and written Chinese is essential (Traditional and/or Simplified Chinese)
- At least 4 years of relevant professional experience
- As a team member you will broaden your skill-set, delivering high-impact and long-term effective change.
- Enjoy significant exposure across AlixPartners globally, working side-by-side with the senior leadership team, providing you with top-level insight, interaction and exposure.
- You are a future leader of our firm and, as such, you will drive commercially successful engagements in a ‘hands-on’ professional and energetic manner. You will collaborate with colleagues across the world and play an important role in promoting the firm’s full capabilities.
- AlixPartners’ entrepreneurial firm culture enables our exceptional people to create distinctive career paths tailored to your passions and interests aligned with the firm’s business. You will have the support of our leadership team, your career coach, mentors, peers, and others vested in your success.
- The foundation of a successful career in our firm is based on living our core values, accomplishing memorable client delivery, becoming a respected expert, and growing our business.
- By rising to the challenge demanded by the critical nature of our clients’ requirements, you will develop technical knowledge, commercial acumen and leadership skills, boosting your growth as a well-rounded consultant. Recognised as an individual in an organisation that values diversity, you will be consistently presented with the opportunity to harness your specific strengths to optimise the impact of the results we deliver.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to among other things, race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or status as an individual with disability.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.