Applied Analytics Vice President
Client Services - Technology & Digital London
At AlixPartners, we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
What you’ll do
Our Advanced Analytics experts work within integrated teams from enterprise improvement, financial advisory and turnaround and restructuring; meaning the jobs we do cover every aspect of a business. Along with this, our seasoned professionals are recognised as experts in their respective fields, leveraging their skills and experience to create measurably improved outcomes for our clients. In this challenging role, you will be responsible for using your data analytics and technology skills to improve your client’s performance.
In your role as an Advanced Analytics Vice President, you will help organisations tackle their most complex business problems using data, analytics and technology. You will gain exposure to a number of industries, clients, and project roles. As an integral part of the project team you will use data to assess client performance and help define their business objectives and strategy. You will conduct the analysis, generate insight and help develop a strategy for improving the overall business performance. You will be challenged to then present the business case for the value of the approach to your client.
Business Management Consulting
- Help formulate hypotheses of potential issues and reasons for client performance
- Conduct data driven analysis to develop strategies for improving client performance
- Present findings, key insights and proposed solutions to client management
Data and technology
- Manipulate and analyse data from a wide variety of corporate structured and unstructured databases, 3rd party providers and publicly available data
- Leverage advanced database technologies like Hadoop for handling, processing and analysing complex, high-volume data
- Automate repetitive tasks with scripts
- Use Python, R, Matlab or Spark alongside traditional database languages to analyse and model complex, high volume data
- Apply predictive models, machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms to develop data driven insight and identify strategies for improving it
- Design and implement reporting and visualisation for unstructured and structured data sets
- Leverage your knowledge of technology to develop tactical tools and solutions to support business strategy execution
- Present technical approach, implementation and findings to a non-technical audience
What you’ll need
- Degree in mathematics, engineering, statistics, economics, computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Relevant analytics experience within a blue chip or analytics focused consulting firm
- Demonstrable knowledge of data, technology and one or more programming languages including SQL, Python, R, Matlab, Java, C++, Spark, Scala
- Strongly motivated to be a player in a team that is constantly working to improve themselves through discovering new analytics techniques and software tools to improve the quality of our work
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptability and the capability of multi-tasking and strong time management
- Thrive in a fast‐paced, entrepreneurial environment comprised of high achievers and high client expectations
- Ability to work in a team environment and dynamically align to changing business conditions
- Competence in foreign languages is an advantage
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefits program. AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to among other things, race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or status as an individual with disability.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.