Learning and Development, Strategic Business Partner, EMEA
Corporate Services - People London
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
What you’ll do
In this critical role on AlixPartners’ Organizational Development (OD) team, you will be responsible for working closely with business leaders to align the OD-L&D offering to strategic business needs, identify performance and development gaps, and design tailored and effective OD-L&D global solutions. In addition, you will be responsible for leading the Firm’s EMEA L&D offering.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an accomplished and professional organization in a period of high growth and development. This position is in London, England. Paid relocation is not available for this position.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
- Work across both firm and business area functions to create collaborative working partnerships with business, talent, and centre of excellence (COE) leaders and other stakeholders.
- Identify how OD-L&D offerings can best address long and short-term business and performance needs.
- Collaborate with the EMEA People Business Partnering (PBP) Team to identify development needs for both client and internal facing people and ensure these are being met through the local, one-firm offerings.
- Continuously align AlixPartners L&D portfolio to serve strategy, business challenges, and people needs.
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to inform current state and future strategic opportunities and to demonstrate impact.
- Monitor the budget and effectiveness of regional L&D portfolios and drive consistent regional application of the Global L&D strategy and framework.
- Demonstrate expertise as an OD-L&D consultant, innovator, and thought leader. Bring knowledge of innovative techniques and methodologies and the application of those to deploying learning and development in a professional service’s setting.
- Promote a culture of learning and development at the firm and share insights that shape L&D strategy and solutions.
- Play a critical role in transforming the way we design programs, how we create, curate, and deliver development experiences, and how we use modern methods to scale, deliver and measure these experiences for impact.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and impact of OD-L&D solutions and portfolios to support business strategy and a culture of high performance and inclusiveness.
- Partner with OD-L&D teammates to consult, identify, and prioritize needs.
- Manage relationship with vendors that advance the capabilities and effectiveness of the firm and our people, learning and development solutions, and the OD-L&D team.
- Effectively manage a small team of learning and development professionals: provide direct reports with clear expectations, constructive and timely performance feedback, and career development support.
- Deliver ILT and virtual learning solutions and facilitate group learning.
What you’ll need
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred (but not essential).
- Organizational/ learning & development experience in a fast-paced professional services environment would be ideal.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) required.
- An understanding of, or previous exposure to internal people functions, understanding the synergy between OD/L&D and the broader HR function.
- Ideally Multi-lingual – English mandatory, other languages are desirable but not essential.
- Must be familiar with, and promote and abide by, all Firm values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and in terms of Ethics, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Exceptional communication skills, and the ability to professionally manage expectations, drive communication and operate with clarity and transparency particularly at C-Suite level.
- Proactive and takes the initiative; always exhibiting a can-do attitude by being willing to get involved whenever and wherever necessary.
- Strong attention to detail, organized, efficient with the ability to prioritize and work on multiple workstreams simultaneously.
- Approachable and able to interact and relate to people at all levels including senior. management within a professional services/ Partnership environment.
- Team player with collaborative attitude and actions and able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent organizational skills and able to work to structured and time pressured deadlines.
- Has a strong desire to constantly upgrade own knowledge and upskill more junior colleagues.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefits program. AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to among other things, race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or status as an individual with disability.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.