Corporate Finance Consultant
Client Services - Investigations, Disputes & Risk London
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
What you’ll do
An opportunity has become available for a Consultant (equivalent to Associate in banking/Big 4 terms) with excellent financial analysis and written communication skills to join our Corporate Finance team in London. The individual will support senior members of the team on a range of projects, developing a broad range of skills working alongside senior members of the team, whilst also having the opportunity to become actively involved in one of our sector focused initiatives.
Corporate Finance is a key part of our practice and provides a range of specialist services including business disposals, accelerated M&A, acquisition advisory, management buy outs, equity and debt fund raising and valuations. The Corporate Finance team plays a key role in the firm’s sector initiatives and has particular expertise in Tourism, Hospitality & Leisure and Industrials. Working with the firm’s broader client base, the corporate finance team advises on projects across all industries. The team provides advice to a range of stakeholders including corporates, management teams, private equity and hedge fund investors and lenders.
This opportunity would suit an enthusiastic and committed individual who combines strong accounting and financial skills with sound commercial judgement. The ability to work effectively as part of a team, to deliver high quality written output to tight deadlines and to have the confidence to challenge views and make recommendations are key requisite skills.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Taking an active role in the execution of transactions.
- Assisting in the conduct of valuations of businesses using a variety of valuation methodologies such as comparable companies analysis, comparable transactions analysis and discounted cash flow.
- Reviewing and critically analysing financial information or projections and testing their veracity.
- Producing financial models.
- Assisting in the preparation of marketing materials and other documentation including pitches, management presentations and client reports.
- Supporting sector initiatives and other business development opportunities through conducting research and analysis.
- Assisting in Corporate Finance development projects, such as internal training and internal and external presentations.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- ACA or ACCA qualified with first time passes.
- Degree qualified (2.1 or above) and a minimum of 320 UCAS points.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills essential, in particular Microsoft Excel.
- Previous Corporate Finance or due diligence experience is desirable but not essential.
- Possesses strong written and oral presentation skills, able to produce strong written outputs.
- Acquires and applies commercial and technical expertise.
- Able to work under pressure to meet challenging deadlines whilst being involved in a portfolio of projects.
- Demonstrates understanding of the importance of the risk management process.
- Focused on achieving success in individual and team projects and focused on self-development.
- Approachable and able to relate to people at all levels of the organisation.
- Is open-minded and agile with change
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours, and in particular as unique projects/needs arise.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to among other things, race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or status as an individual with disability.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.