Business Marketing Director, Turnaround and Restructuring Services
Corporate Services - Marketing New York
At AlixPartners, we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
AlixPartners has a Hybrid Work framework to support our employees. Under this framework, generally Corporate Services people may be able to work remotely up to two days per week. How this works in practice varies by geography and function based on client and team requirements. As this framework is new post-COVID-19 pandemic, it may also change over time.
What you’ll do
In this key role within the AlixPartners’ Corporate Services team, you will develop and deliver marketing activities for the firm’s world leading Turnaround and Restructuring Services practice. We are looking for an accomplished, credible, and passionate marketing professional to deliver targeted, tailored, and sophisticated marketing and profile-raising campaigns globally. Building strong relationships with senior AlixPartners consultants and an existing understanding of the turnaround and restructuring audience is critical.
The Business Marketing Director is a full-time role located in New York, NY and reports to the Head of Business Marketing & Media Relations with significant interaction with the practice’s global leadership team.
- Strategize with TRS global leadership to recommend, construct and deliver marketing activities which reflect the practice’s focus on both corporate/PE and referral source populations.
- Identify and deliver the correct blend of emphasis of practice, people and product within the overall marketing agenda.
- Identify/maintain an appropriate range of sponsorship and affiliation relationships reflecting practice priorities.
- Work in concert with media relations and digital teams, to develop profile-raising opportunities for key individuals via traditional and social channels.
- Provide strategic direction to corporate marketing teams - identifying opportunities to amplify TRS practice position within the Firm’s wider Disruption and Transformation marketing agenda.
- Develop and amplify TRS practitioners’ expertise in key industry vertical areas with firm’s industry marketing teams.
- Strategize cross border to ensure global and local priorities/activities are clearly understood, consistent and visible.
- Effectively target and measure impact of marketing activities with Business Development and Business Intelligence teams.
- Operate alongside events teams and executive assistants as required to deliver outstanding quality client events – physical and online.
- Work regularly with TRS Operations head to ensure timely, accurate and impactful reporting to senior leadership via regular steering committee meetings.
- Additional responsibilities as identified. This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum ten (10) years of work experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior experience in the turnaround & restructuring market, ideally gained in a law firm, financial institution or at another restructuring practice
- Excellent project management skills
- A demonstrable track record of building relationships with and influencing senior stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Able to blend strategic thought and counsel with practical action and measurable results
- Proactive and responsive; able to juggle multiple large and complex projects under time pressure and adapt to changing circumstances
- Team player with the ability to work independently and be accountable for results
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take the initiative to identify opportunities
- High ethical, moral, and professional standards
- Thrives on change and the need to self-develop
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, all Firm values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and in terms of Ethics, Diversity and Inclusion
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.