Corporate Services - Office Teams Chicago
At AlixPartners, we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
What you’ll do
In this role on AlixPartners’ Corporate Services team, you will provide support by assisting with the daily operations and organization of the office. Are you a customer service minded individual who feels a sense of accomplishment and reward when your to-do lists are checked off and complete at end of the day? The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional who is comfortable communicating and interacting with both internal and external clients and who is able to manage a variety of office support tasks and work diligently in an organized and efficient manner.
Known internally as an Office Services Professional, this is a full-time role located in Chicago, IL reporting to the Administrative Team Lead.
- Maintain kitchens, Conference rooms, hoteling offices and related areas. Responsibilities include:
- Perform kitchen upkeep: cleaning, maintain kitchen supply inventory, stock shelves, refrigerators, make coffee and empty/fill dishwashers
- Set up conference rooms for meetings, including catering and post-meeting clean up
- Light maintenance and housekeeping duties within the office; ex: spot cleaning carpet, changing light bulbs and lifting small to medium size boxes, etc.
- Perform duties as the receptionist and back up for the switchboard.
- Assist with incoming deliveries, including unloading supplies and stocking storage areas
- Distribute and organize incoming/outgoing US and International Mail, Express Mail and Interoffice Mail; Distribute morning newspapers.
- Additional responsibilities as identified.
- This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience; office environment highly preferred.
- Effective organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail, excellent time management skills and an ability to prioritize are essential.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills required with the ability to interact effectively and professionally with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Resourceful with common sense and proven problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to be proactive and show initiative to ensure timely completion of assigned projects, often times managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to be discreet and handle confidential, sensitive information.
- Ability to lift 15 pounds.
- Must be flexible and adaptable when procedures change or urgent situations arise.
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, all Firm values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and in terms of Ethics, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment with the flexibility to work overtime, as needed.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.