Economics Consultant (Securities and Finance)
Client Services - Investigations, Disputes & Risk New York
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
Examples of our services include:
Complex Financial Investigations
- Financial investigations including those involving financial fraud, market manipulation, asset misappropriation and corruption.
- Assessments of complex financial transactions and investments.
- Reporting and compliance with SEC, CFTC, DOJ, FCA,SFO and other regulatory bodies’ rules and regulations.
- Analysis of securities, commodities and derivatives exchange activity and trading conduct reviews.
Litigation Support and Valuation
- Financial damage analysis and lost profits determination.
- Valuations of businesses, securities, real estate, derivatives and complex financial products.
- Assessing work performed by independent auditors.
- Expert reports and testimony in UK High Court, US state court, US federal court, administrative proceedings and arbitration venues.
AlixPartners has a Hybrid Work framework to support our employees. Under this framework, generally Client Services people may combine client-site, AlixPartners office and remote working. How this works in practice varies by geography and function based on client and team requirements. As this framework is new post-COVID-19 pandemic, it may also change over time.
Known internally as a Consultant, this is a full-time role based out of New York.
What you’ll do
You’ll be part of the team supporting our Investigations, Disputes and Risk (IDR) practice. Our IDR practice applies accounting, financial, economic and data analysis expertise and experience to assist our clients to address their most critical issues.
- Manage large and complex data sets and perform complex investigative data work
- Formulate hypotheses relevant for the issues being addressed
- Organize documents and work papers, including the preparation of supporting materials for expert reports and other deliverables
- Review and summarize materials produced in litigation matters such as depositions, financial statements, and client data
- Draft written reports
- Prepare presentation materials
- Perform quality control reviews over work product
- Use client data to develop actionable recommendations within a variety of functional areas
- Develop and assess business projections and forecasts
- Communicate with clients and colleagues in written and oral form
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities. The location of this professional is in our New York office. Paid relocation is not available.
What you’ll need
- A Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics, finance, mathematics or related preferred
- Up to 3 years of experience working for an economics consulting firm or a financial services firm preferred; in lieu of professional experience, related internships or coursework that developed technical, analytical and general business skills may be considered.
- Experience and/or deep interest in financial markets, risk management and trading
- Quantitative and programming skills, with proficiency in programming languages and financial analysis/statistical software (such as Stata, R, Python, and SAS), Excel, Bloomberg Terminal, FactSet
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well in a team environment, as well as independently, with an entrepreneurial attitude
- A professional demeanor with strong communication and presentation skills
- Highly motivated and thorough with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to think critically and creatively when designing and implementing analyses
- Ability to learn quickly and apply training to solve real-world problems in time-sensitive, dynamic situations
- Ability to work well under pressure
- A positive and energetic attitude
- When required, ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Foreign language skills are a plus
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.