Corporate Services - Business Intelligence Chicago
At AlixPartners, we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
AlixPartners has a Hybrid Work framework to support our employees. How this works in practice varies by geography and function based on client and team requirements. As this framework is new post-COVID-19 pandemic, it may also change over time.
AlixPartners requires COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for this position, subject to reasonable accommodation.
What you'll do
In this critical role on AlixPartners’ Corporate Services team, you will work closely with senior practice leaders as well as the Business Intelligence Center team. Your role will include providing strategic support on special projects and helping to deliver excellent service to our industries, communities and markets.
The Researcher – Business Intelligence (known internally as a Business Intelligence Specialist) is a full-time role located in Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas or New York City, New York and reports to a Business Intelligence Director or Senior Vice President. Paid relocation is not available for this position.
- Conduct research using various research tools including Capital IQ, Bloomberg, Factiva and Statista.
- Perform analysis using various data sets and work with external research providers to ensure quality and timely delivery of financial, situation and performance analysis and research.
- Provide support to Industry/Service offering teams to support new business opportunity identification/screening and track opportunities through closure.
- Review connections to potential target clients and communicate results to consultants.
- Support in developing client presentations to pitch for new business opportunities.
- Provide ad hoc business development support and research assistance to the various communities.
- Additional responsibilities as identified.
- This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s degree required with strong preference for business/financial concentration.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in a research role preferred, preferably in professional services or industry or Master's in Business Analytics
- Financial acumen and ability to analyze company performance gained through undergraduate studies.
- Experience with Retail or Private Equity a plus.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Adept at multi-tasking and working with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent PPT, Excel and research database skills are fundamental to success in this role.
- Experience with programming, (python, alteryx), data visualization (Power BI, Tableau, and data management (SQL) a plus.
- Database experience with Capital IQ, Bloomberg, Factiva and open sources are preferred.
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, all Firm values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and in terms of Ethics, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a competitive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.