Cyber and Digital Forensics Associate
Client Services - Investigations, Disputes & Risk United States
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
AlixPartners has a Hybrid Work framework to support our employees. Under this framework, generally Client Services people may combine client-site, AlixPartners office and remote working. How this works in practice varies by geography and function based on client and team requirements. As this framework is new post-COVID-19 pandemic, it may also change over time.
Known internally as a Vice President, this is a full-time role that can be based out of multiple locations in the United States. Senior Vice President – Investigations, Disputes & Risk’
What you’ll do
Companies today are becoming more and more digital. To respond to litigation and investigations, they trusted partners like us who have an understanding of the legal and business issues and who to deploy the appropriate technology to help execute an efficient, defensible, and comprehensive response strategy. Our teams of technologists and litigation experts have extensive experience with digital forensics, dissecting corporate data flows, and reverse engineering of technology to help counsel understand the issues at hand. Our fact gathering, along with our expert analysis and testimony, produces sharp insights and credible results in urgent situations. In addition to typical digital forensic activities, our experts are routinely brought into high profile situations to validate business leaders or Counsel’s understanding of a company’s technology assets, data collection and sharing practices, and application functionality. We regularly advise and inform our clients on regulatory, privacy, or cybersecurity risks stemming from how their technology systems operate.
- Work in a litigation environment, often in the tech or mobile applications space, focused on analyzing backend systems and how information is stored and moves through the system or cloud architecture
- Assess data management practices and data architecture in response to privacy or regulatory inquiries
- Identify vulnerabilities associated with technology architecture or program code
- Analyze mobile applications, including static and dynamic analysis of Android or iOS apps
- Review source code, program functionality, architecture diagrams, and other technology components to identify security gaps and document data flows
- Identify key components within complex technology environments and understand their functionality and relationship to business processes
- Interview engineers and system managers to discern relevant facts regarding system functionality and use
- Test mobile app APIs or web applications to assess data collection mechanisms
- Develop custom scripts or programs to automate workflows as needed
- Conduct forensic analysis of digital assets, including mobile devices, PC, hard drives, and computer files
- Sample and test both structured and unstructured data repositories or data warehouses to understand data flows and content
- Interface directly with clients to deliver analysis summaries or reports
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience; experience with dispute, litigation, investigative, and consulting services preferred
- Working experience working with data management systems, particularly with BI and analytics
- Working experience with a variety of programming languages, including Java, Python, Go, Rust, C, C++, C#
- AWS certification, Privacy and Security certifications, or forensic certifications a plus
- Familiarity with major operating systems, cloud architectures, and serverless technologies
- Familiarity with popular data formats and storage systems
- Understanding of API design, data protection, and data transmission mechanisms. Experience working on large scale litigation cases alongside forensic accounting and legal teams preferred
- Ability to engage technically while also bringing commercial acumen and client-facing confidence
- Thrive in a fast‐paced, entrepreneurial environment comprised of high achievers and high client expectations
- Strong project management skills from previous consulting experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, team player
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 100%
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.