Client Services - Investigations, Disputes & Risk United States
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
Companies today are generating and storing vast amounts of data. To resolve litigation and investigations, they need the right technology and a sensible strategy from an analytics partner to execute an efficient, defensible, and comprehensive plan for data collection and analysis. They need to know what the data means to resolve what happened. Our teams of discovery and litigation analytics experts have extensive experience with data collection and preservation, forensics, processing, early case assessment, hosted and managed review, custom data analytics, and technology-assisted review. Our production and project management support capabilities, along with our expert analysis and testimony, produce sharp insights and credible results in urgent situations.
AlixPartners has a Hybrid Work framework to support our employees. Under this framework, generally Client Services people may combine client-site, AlixPartners office and remote working. How this works in practice varies by geography and function based on client and team requirements. As this framework is new post-COVID-19 pandemic, it may also change over time.
AlixPartners requires COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for this position, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Known internally as a Vice President, this is a full-time role that can be based out of Dallas, Chicago, Washington DC or New York.
What you’ll do
- Establish and implement protocols for the e-discovery life cycle, which include internal standards and best practices for preservation and collection of electronic evidence
- Find, compile, organize, categorize, and verify case-critical data quickly across the full life cycle of the eDiscovery process – preservation, collection, processing, review and production
- Master a range of industry standard software tools to perform custom solutions to client requirements
- Identify and address client needs, actively participate in client discussions and meetings
- Advise clients on data collection on large scale litigation cases, including document retention and chain-of-custody procedures
- Create and manage large data sets
- Use a problem-solving approach to overcome unexpected technical and operational challenges
- Ensure clients’ electronic files are easily accessible for potential litigation
- Communicate with clients and colleagues in both written and oral form including drafting reports and presentations to clients
- Perform quality control review over work product
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities. The location of this professional is in our Dallas, Chicago, Washington DC or New York office. Paid relocation is not available.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Preferred 3 - 6 years of professional or consulting experience in the e-discovery space.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to balance multiple tasks, self-prioritize tasks, prepare detailed documentation, and meet deadlines
- Preferred working experience with any of the following products or tools: EnCase, Cellebrite, BlackBag, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Basic, Microsoft .NET framework, Microsoft Access, SQL, Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Notes/Domino.
- Mastery-level experience with Relativity, Brainspace, and MDM. Certifications in any of these platforms is a strong plus.
- Experience working on litigation matters and regulatory and corporate investigations alongside legal teams
- Ability to engage technically while also bringing commercial acumen and client-facing confidence
- Thrive in a fast‐paced, entrepreneurial environment comprised of high achievers and high client expectations
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently.
- A professional demeanor with strong communication and presentation skills
- Fluent oral and written foreign language skills (particularly Spanish) are a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally, sometimes on short notice and for extended periods of time
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.