Forensic Accounting Manager
Client Services - Investigations, Disputes & Risk London
Forensic Accounting Vice President
Investigations, Disputes & Risk – London
AlixPartners is a leading global business advisory firm of results-oriented professionals who specialise in helping businesses successfully address their most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve.
We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
Our seasoned professionals are recognised experts in their respective fields, using their skills and experience to create measurable, better outcomes for our clients.
An opportunity has become available for a Vice President (equivalent to a Manager in the UK market) to join our Forensics team in our London Investigations, Disputes & Risk (IDR) practice.
Our IDR practice provides independent and objective critical thinking to help companies and their stakeholders address high-stakes disputes, litigation, and investigations. Our clients include a wide array of organisations and their legal counsel, who turn to us for assistance with expert testimony, valuation models, forensic accounting, investigations, and financial and economic analyses. Our recent cases have included performing financial analyses in a cartel case, providing expert valuations of companies in a billion-dollar claim, providing advice in claims following high profile acquisitions, and investigations ranging from financial institutions to high profile sports clubs. We work as one firm, which means we work closely with our teams around the globe.
We provide expert advice - We regularly provide expert witness evidence for Courts, and in other situations, assessing losses suffered by a company or individual. Our success relies on thinking through complex issues and presenting logical analysis in a clear, concise manner. In these projects, you will perform research and analysis, gaining an understanding of the industry or market at issue, contribute to the valuation of businesses using a variety of valuation methodologies, assist in the creation of financial models and be involved in the drafting of presentations and reports.
We perform critical investigations – We support legal teams and organisations by performing forensic accounting and investigative procedures where companies face allegations of fraud, financial irregularities, bribery, corruption, or employee misconduct. These matters can be cross-border issues that may attract regulatory focus. Organisations therefore need to understand the facts and respond quickly. You will be part of engagements that involve forensic analysis of complex chains of transactions, review of electronic data (working with our digital forensics team), conducting interviews and drafting critical investigative reports
Develop a broad skill set – You will have daily exposure to fast-paced forensic accounting engagements and complex scenarios from the start whilst working alongside bright individuals. You will also have the opportunity to work alongside digital forensic experts to build, handle, and interrogate large data sets; with economics, M&A, restructuring and industry specialists across a variety of projects. In addition, we are a global company, and there may be opportunities to work with our offices that are based abroad. Throughout these different experiences, AlixPartners will provide you with a constant challenge, stretching your technical and consultative skills whilst putting you at the heart of supportive and collaborative teams.
We support your development – From the first day, there is a focus on your development with our comprehensive induction and new orientation programs. But it does not end there. You will be supported throughout your career with a dedicated Performance Partner who is focussed on your career, opportunities to integrate your skill with those from other areas of the business and access to a wealth of training resources.
Our Vice Presidents form a crucial part of our project teams and represent the future of our business. You will work in highly skilled, purpose-built teams with experienced accounting, economics, and digital forensic professionals, enabling you to enrich your knowledge and develop your long-term career objectives.
What you’ll do
You will work on a range of complex projects across a spectrum of industries, alongside senior members of the team. We work as a team, and our Vice Presidents form a crucial part of our teams. You will find a group of peers who can think quickly, act immediately and share both responsibility and reward.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- working on a variety of litigation and investigation matters, including performing the complete analysis of accounting issues, and providing recommendations where applicable
- investigating and tracing the flow of funds between bank accounts
- creating financial models for the purposes of loss calculations or business valuations
- reviewing and critically analysing sets of financial information (e.g. invoices, credit notes, accounting records, financial statements, budgets or projections) and testing their veracity
- compiling and analysing facts to formulate, substantiate and/or critique various damages theories, claims or conclusions
- working with colleagues to value businesses using a variety of valuation methodologies
- organising documents and work papers, including preparing supporting materials for litigation, valuation and investigation reports.
- using your meticulous attention to detail to perform quality control reviews of your work and the work of others
- working with colleagues in our eDiscovery and Litigation Data Analytics teams to build, handle, and interrogate large data sets
- supporting with the drafting of investigation and expert reports for clients
- assisting in the coaching and mentoring of junior staff
- liaising with solicitors, barristers and clients
- working alongside industry specialists
- contributing to discussions in meetings
- assisting in practice development projects, such as internal training, presentations and the production of marketing literature and other aspects of practice development as the business seeks to continue to grow.
This opportunity would suit an enthusiastic and committed individual, with a recognised accounting qualification such as the ACA or ACCA, with a desire to develop their career in Forensic Accounting in a client-facing environment.
The ability to think through complex issues and to present logical analysis in a clear, concise manner to tight deadlines are key requisite skills. Candidates will also require the confidence to challenge views and make recommendations, and to work effectively both as part of a small team and with colleagues from other teams.
What you’ll need
- A recognised accountancy qualification such as the ACA or ACCA.
- Minimum of four years of financial advisory experience (forensic accounting, audit or other accounting); prior forensic accounting experience strongly preferred
- Degree qualified (2:1 or above)
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken
- Strong Microsoft Office skills essential, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word in particular
- Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of an additional language would be advantageous.
- Possesses strong attention to detail
- Able to produce clear and accurate written deliverables
- Able to prepare or willing to learn to prepare financial models and cash flow analyses
- Able to work under pressure to meet challenging deadlines and make decisions
- Interest in meeting new people and networking socially.
- We are a European practice, so this role may involve working for short periods at other AlixPartners’ UK and European offices and providing assistance at client sites, both in the UK and abroad. Flexibility will therefore be required.
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.