Technical Manager - Restructuring
Client Services - Turnaround & Restructuring Manchester
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
What you’ll do
The Turnaround & Restructuring Services (TRS) practice is composed of some of the most respected financial restructuring professionals in the industry. An integral part of TRS is our formal insolvency team who manage a variety of domestic and cross border insolvency cases end to end. Cases can range from administrations, liquidations, receiverships, and company voluntary arrangements (and international equivalents).
We have a requirement for an experienced Technical Manager to join our formal insolvency team and be based in Manchester or London. This is a business-critical role in which you will provide advice on all legal, compliance and technical issues relating to insolvency practices. You will represent AlixPartners in technical forums as well as in a range of matters with professional bodies and regulators (ICAEW or Joint Insolvency Committee for example). A key part of the remit is collaborating with our legal and compliance colleagues to ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to.
What you’ll need
- Relevant degree preferred; consideration given to individuals who bring significant professional experience in lieu of degree.
- Extensive technical experience and knowledge of insolvency processes, policies, and procedures – formal insolvency or legal background will be considered.
- Demonstrable experience of working with industry bodies to contribute to and/or support improvements in the profession.
- Knowledge and experience of matters affecting the profession such as GDPR, AML, pension checks.
- Experience of developing and delivering training materials and programmes to ensure the latest best practice is in place.
- Relevant professional qualifications preferred, for example ACA/ACCA, JIEB.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- The ability to use initiative and commercial acumen to solve problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal abilities, working well with colleagues across a matrix
- Good project and time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks, keeping to tight and structured deadlines.
- A pragmatic, ‘can do’ attitude.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Willingness to constantly upgrade your own knowledge and that of colleagues around you.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, tuition reimbursement).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.