Learning & Development Learning Technologist
Corporate Services - People New York
At AlixPartners, we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
AlixPartners has a Hybrid Work framework to support our employees. How this works in practice varies by geography and function based on client and team requirements. As this framework is new post-COVID-19 pandemic, it may also change over time.
AlixPartners requires COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for this position, subject to reasonable accommodation.
What you’ll do
In this exciting, critical role on AlixPartners’ Learning & Development (L&D) team, you will apply your expertise to support the development of digital learning solutions for AlixPartners people. You’ll be part of a team building a global Digital Academy that fuels our people’s digital fluency and progresses our firm’s digital transformation efforts.
The OD Learning & Development Senior Digital Learning Technologist reports to the OD L&D Digital Lead. Preferred location is our New York, NY or Southfield, MI office; consideration may be given to our Chicago, Dallas, or Washington D.C. offices. Paid relocation is not available. Some travel will be expected.
- Use creative and digital expertise to support the development of innovative, results-oriented learning solutions for AlixPartners people.
- Work closely with the OD L&D Digital Academy Lead to support the creation of the AlixPartners Digital Academy
- Support the implementation of new digital learning paths, tools, and technologies.
- Create and curate digital learning assets and multimedia content in collaboration with L&D colleagues, internal clients, and external vendors.
- Work in partnership with the L&D Operations team to support the maintenance and administration of AlixPartners’ digital learning platforms including day-to-day site moderation, content upload, testing and troubleshooting.
- Share insight into adoption and utilization of digital learning platforms and content through the creation and distribution of data, reports and dashboards.
- Utilize creative skillset to support the communication and marketing of L&D opportunities.
- Share digital expertise with others to support their upskilling and development.
- Additional responsibilities as identified. This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties, or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field preferred
- Three plus (3+) years relevant experience in multimedia production for learning, in a corporate or professional service setting.
- Highly skilled in video capture and post-production. Expertise in Premier Pro and After Effects preferable.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of using the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of products to design and create rich media content.
- A passion for user-experience, design thinking and people-centric design with a sound understanding of graphic design.
- Demonstrable ability to take briefs from internal clients and collaborate with stakeholders to create compelling digital learning solutions and experiences.
- Experience of working with digital learning platforms – LMS, LXP or similar.
- Experience with web development using HTML, CSS etc. is desirable.
- Strong data analysis skills and experience with relevant tools: e.g., Google Analytics, Excel, PowerBI.
- Can quickly master the use of new digital tools and technologies.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills from both a business and technical perspective with the ability to present to stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to manage and prioritize responsibilities effectively, adapt to changing circumstances to meet strict deadlines under time constraints while taking responsibility for own workload.
- Collaborative style and client-service mindset with the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers at all levels.
- Ability to travel, as required
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, all Firm values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and in terms of Ethics, Diversity and Inclusion
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a competitive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.