Data Analytics Senior Vice President, Retail and Consumer Products
Client Services - Technology & Digital United States
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
What you’ll do
Specifically, in your role within the Digital Solutions team at AlixPartners, you will help Client organizations take on their complex business problems with an analytical, data-driven approach. You will gain exposure to diverse set of industries, clients, and project roles. You will help define the business objectives, conduct client interviews, assess performance and effectiveness, and design analysis and/or build predictive and prescriptive models and be challenged to then present the business case for the value of these models to your client. Some examples of past work include predicting store performance for retailers, customer retention for telecoms, cross-selling opportunities for banks, hotel occupancy for the hospitality industry, Sales and Marketing Effectiveness for Technology companies, sales and operations planning tools for Industrial and Automotive, distribution and transportation optimization for process industries as well as improving speed to market for product development across Industries.
- Utilize algorithmic/programming toolkit, knowledge of predictive models used to improve profitability, growth, retention and other key performance indicators for our clients
- Apply and select supervised algorithms equal or similar to the following: elastic net regularization for regression, random forests, generalized boosted models, generalized additive models, support vector machines, neural networks, and time-series forecasting
- Power analysis for sample size calculations
- Guide formal modeling processes from end to end including data gathering, data profiling, numerical model building, calibration, cross-validation, putting product into production, etc.
- After building the models, pilot “scorecards” to track model performance and calculated improvement to business
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Minimum 5 years of experience utilizing a broad base of analytic tools and coding languages such as SQL, R, Python.
- 5+ years of related consulting experience in a professional services Firm environment preferred.
- 3+ years of experience working within Retail, Consumer Products or e-commerce industries preferred.
- Experience with proposal development, strong commercial instincts and interest. In addition to self, generates growing demand for other firm resources in prospective and existing clients. Demonstrated ability to consistently extend work for her/himself and others team members on client projects. Identifies and cultivates new opportunities.
- Analytical, adept at quickly defining, aligning and scaling data modeling & management approach with the client needs. Ensures 80/20 approach to rapidly draw conclusions. Skilled and quickly identifying anomalies, inconsistencies, errors and conclusions.
- Consistent track record of successfully delivering hard dollar savings meeting or exceeding client expectations.
- High energy style, flexible and adaptive, with the ability to work well in a highly dynamic environment.
- Understands and adapts to complex client environments and situations. Skilled at defining, communicating, motivating and leading change at executive levels and across the broader community of partners.
- Views problems from the 'big picture POV', recognizing critical areas to drive into more detail. Quickly structures approaches to solve complex problems. Balanced and flexible, anticipates and changes direction as necessary.
- Synthesizes information rapidly and applies good business judgment driving quickly to deep insights into possible impacts and solutions.
- An inspiring leader, Innovative with the development of new tools, methodologies and approaches.
- Superb written communication skills, self-directed with preparation of client ready document and presentation development.
- Articulate, persuasive, communicator. Commands the room, handles executive and difficult audiences well. Readily adapts style and message appropriately to audience and circumstance.
- Engenders client confidence and trust with executives across levels.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Teams, Word, PowerPoint and Excel applications.
- Openness for up to 75% travel M-F.
- Willingness to work outside of normal U.S. business hours, and in particular as unique projects/needs arise.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners has a Hybrid Work framework to support our employees. Under this framework, generally Client Services people may combine client-site, AlixPartners office and remote working. How this works in practice varies by geography and function based on client and team requirements. As this framework is new post-COVID-19 pandemic, it may also change over time.
AlixPartners requires COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for this position, subject to reasonable accommodation.
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.