Knowledge Management Senior Specialist
Corporate Services - Business Intelligence London
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
What you’ll do
AlixPartners Knowledge Management Vision Statement: AlixPartners’ Knowledge Management program exists to facilitate the creation, management, and reuse of the collective knowledge and content of the firm.
The Knowledge Management Team is responsible for the development of processes and systems necessary to achieve this vision. This includes the following elements:
- Partnering with practices across the firm in the design, buildout, management and maintenance of practice hub sites (SharePoint) for the storing and promotion of content
- Development and maintenance of the central repository for bios, case summaries, logos, introduction to AlixPartners content used in business development
- Development of niche content used in business development as requested by practices
- Quality control of curated content
- Security of documents saved to SharePoint hub sites
- Reporting to practices on site usage and document downloads to facilitate the evolution of sites and content
- Sharing of best practices related to content and site design/functionality
- Training of practice teams on the use of their hub sites
- Evolution and maintenance of various tools used by KM to promote sharing and reuse of content (PitchBuilder, BioWeb, Integrated Case Platform, etc.)
- Continually improve search performance
- Ensure that terms in all systems conform to the firm-wide taxonomy
AlixPartners is looking for a Knowledge Management Senior Specialist to partner with various practices in the design of their hub sites, as well as the buildout, management and maintenance of those sites. This tech-heavy position also requires general management and strong interpersonal skills. This person is responsible for listening to internal client needs and deploying technical capabilities to fulfill those needs.
This full-time VP position will be located in London and will report to the Knowledge Management Director.
Your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Educate practice teams on the purpose and functionality of practice hub sites.
- Partner with practice teams to design a hub site that accomplishes their document management and document promotion objectives within the established framework that ensures consistency across all sites.
- Build hub site storefronts/site pages and corresponding backend libraries with document sets for the application of metadata using the firmwide taxonomy
- Create SharePoint groups for security purposes and deploy those security groups in a manner that accomplishes security objectives of the practice.
- Apply information rights management (IRM) on specific documents as directed by the practice.
- Train practices on the use of their sites, including capabilities related to syncing content so it is accessible in multiple platforms (Teams, Windows Explorer, SharePoint libraries, SharePoint storefront pages).
- On a continual basis, partner with practices to evolve their sites and manage the content within. This includes advising when content needs to be refreshed, advising when content should be linked to a site page for broader promotion, advising when content should be removed, etc.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Experience in SharePoint Online and modern page and webparts is required
- Service-oriented team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to connect with internal clients
- Responsive, organized, attentive to detail
- Eye for aesthetics of site design
- Curious with an appetite for exploring and self-teaching functionality in SharePoint
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working with people at all levels
- Project management experience a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, (age), status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, tuition reimbursement).
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.