Insolvency Vice President
Client Services - Turnaround & Restructuring London
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
What you’ll do
We now have several Manchester or London based opportunities within our formal insolvency team, an integral part of the wider TRS practice. The team is involved in formal insolvency cases from the outset – managing a portfolio of cases - taking responsibility for statutory duties, creditor communications, asset realisations, investigations, employee redundancies, claims and correspondence, and case closure.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to join AlixPartners and work as part of a dedicated team responsible for claims agreement and distribution processes in formal insolvency cases. As part of this team you will be required to oversee and progress a broad range of aspects, including managing the review of claims received, their eligibility for proving and agreeing their quantum.
This work will be guided by an overall framework of approach, however candidates will be expected to work with the wider team to apply their own knowledge and skills and to identify any issues or areas of risk and to propose potential improvements to refine the claims agreement and distribution process. As a Vice President, you will be responsible for supporting more junior team members and are likely to be dealing with more complex or high-volume creditor claims, which will require increased review or specific consideration.
Key requisite skills will include an ability to work well as part of a team, a hardworking and diligent approach, self-motivation, good risk awareness, strong problem-solving skills and the ability to understand the ‘big picture’.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Bachelors degree or strong A-Level results with directly relevant experience.
- A good level of experience in a professional services or corporate environment with direct relevance to formal insolvency.
- A strong understanding of the UK Insolvency statutory and regulatory framework.
- Strong numerical and analytical capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, in order to work well with colleagues across the team and wider TRS practice.
- The ability to use your own initiative and problem solve with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Good project management skills with the ability to prioritise own tasks and those of others, working to keep to deadlines and managing multiple demands.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail, with an ability to develop and interpret reports and data analysis.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, with experience in IPS or other insolvency systems beneficial.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours, and in particular as unique projects/needs arise.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, tuition reimbursement).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.