Corporate Services - Finance Chicago
At AlixPartners, we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
AlixPartners has a Hybrid Work framework to support our employees. How this works in practice varies by geography and function based on client and team requirements. As this framework is new post-COVID-19 pandemic, it may also change over time.
AlixPartners requires COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for this position, subject to reasonable accommodation.
What you’ll do
In this important role on AlixPartners’ Corporate Services Accounting team, you will be a business partner to the client engagement teams and the finance function to ensure an efficient and effective eBilling process at the firm. Your primary responsibilities include coordinating all eBilling efforts at the firm in order to support efficient and accurate client invoicing and accounting in accordance with firm policies and promoting timely cash collection.
The Engagement Accounting eBilling Specialist role is a full-time position located in Southfield, Michigan, Chicago, Illinois, or Dallas, Texas and reports to the Engagement Accounting Manager. Paid relocation is not available for this position.
- Support complex electronic billing (eBilling) for client engagements. This includes uploading, monitoring, and resolving issues on various eBilling vendor sites.
- Assist with the management, administration, and maintenance of eBilling process. Maintain a profile for each electronic billing vendor being utilized by the firm, including policies, billing guidelines, and contact information. Document eBilling process procedures, including specific steps for each eBilling site. Propose best practices for eBilling procedures.
- Set up and maintenance of client eBilling accounts in third party vendor sites.
- Review eBilling submissions for accuracy and then submit and monitor the invoices for acceptance. Address all rejected invoices timely.
- Submit timekeepers and rates for approval
- Keep all timekeepers and rates up to date on the sites
- Enter budgets and accrual information from engagement team.
- Maintain user accounts and profiles on each site
- Handle sensitive and urgent informational requests from clients, AlixPartners personnel, and other contacts while exercising judgment.
- Maintain and monitor shared email box for Engagement Accounting.
- Demonstrate positive people attributes. Be a supportive team member and contribute to a cohesive team environment.
- Communicate proactively with colleagues and contribute towards advancement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the entire order to cash value stream.
- Balance multiple priorities by considering risk, importance, urgency, political impacts, and other linkage
- Additional responsibilities as identified; This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities
What you’ll need
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance/business or related field strongly preferred.
- Relevant accounting/finance experience preferred, ideally in a consulting or similar professional services firm.
- Previous experience with Legal Electronic Data Exchange Standard (LEDES) preferred
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook; able to learn new systems and tools.
- High-energy, flexible and responsive work style; ability to perform well under pressure and meet time-sensitive deadlines with poise and professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to interact with and present to stakeholders at all levels with a customer service mindset.
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize responsibilities in order to meet strict deadlines and work independently under time constraints.
- Keen attention to detail and committed to delivering a quality work product.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, all Firm values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and in terms of Ethics, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.