Engagement Accounting Manager
Corporate Services - Finance Detroit
At AlixPartners, we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
AlixPartners has a Hybrid Work framework to support our employees. How this works in practice varies by geography and function based on client and team requirements. As this framework is new post-COVID-19 pandemic, it may also change over time.
AlixPartners requires COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for this position, subject to reasonable accommodation.
What you’ll do
In this important role on AlixPartners’ Accounting team, you will partner with client engagement teams and the finance function to ensure efficient and effective working capital management, and act as a key resource to the organization for guidance and support. Your primary responsibilities will involve overseeing work in progress and accounts receivable management, including efficient and accurate client invoicing and accounting in accordance with firm policies and promoting timely cash collection.
The Engagement Accounting Manager position is a full-time role located in Southfield, Michigan and reports to the to the Revenue & Engagement Accounting Director. Paid relocation assistance may be available for this position.
- Manage the engagement accounting process for a 6+ person direct staff; partner with Engagement Accounting management team to design and develop efficient, effective, and scalable global processes and procedures across multiple geographic markets and consulting communities.
- Foster a cohesive and supportive high-performance team environment; including supervising staff located in multiple locations, setting group goals and objectives, providing individual and group guidance and mentoring, developing overall team spirit, and delivering results.
- Lead the execution of high quality and detailed work product.
- Monitor work in process on engagements and working effectively with engagement teams to ensure timely invoicing of fees and expenses according to client contract terms; including complex and/or demanding client engagements and internal projects.
- Oversee complete and accurate monthly financial statement closing activities pertaining to engagement accounting.
- Act as a key point of contact for the external auditors for engagement accounting transactions.
- Act as a business partner to colleagues across functions and consulting communities.
- Proactively provide information and solutions and serve as a key resource to the organization for client engagement working capital management guidance and support.
- Collaborate successfully with engagement personnel and finance colleagues to continuously improve the entire order to cash value stream.
- Additional duties as identified. This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties, or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with emphasis in accounting, finance, economics, or equivalent field of study required.
- Previous supervisory leadership experience with minimum four (4) direct reports required, minimum three (3) years preferred.
- Demonstrated process improvement skills required.
- Experience working within a global enterprise and performing transactions in multiple currencies preferred’; professional services firm environment a plus.
- Self-motivated. Initiates activities with high degree of drive, passion, and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with people at all levels.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage and prioritize responsibilities effectively, adapt to changing circumstances to meet strict deadlines under time constraints.
- Client service mindset with exemplary interpersonal skills.
- Experience using SAP system is a plus.
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, all Firm values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and in terms of Ethics, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.