Engagement Accounting Analyst
Corporate Services - Finance Detroit
At AlixPartners, we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
AlixPartners has a Hybrid Work framework to support our employees. How this works in practice varies by geography and function based on client and team requirements. As this framework is new post-COVID-19 pandemic, it may also change over time.
AlixPartners requires COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for this position, subject to reasonable accommodation.
What you’ll do
In this important role on AlixPartners’ Corporate Services Accounting team, you will be a business partner to the client engagement teams and the finance function to ensure efficient and effective working capital management. Your primary responsibilities will involve work in progress and accounts receivables management, including efficient and accurate client invoicing and accounting in accordance with firm policies and promoting timely cash collection.
The Engagement Accounting Analyst position is a full-time role located in Southfield, Michigan, Chicago, Illinois, or Dallas, Texas and reports to the Engagement Accounting Manager. Relocation assistance may be considered for this position.
- Monitor work in process on engagements and work effectively with engagement teams to prepare and issue client invoices in a timely manner according to the client contract invoicing terms.
- Stay apprised of client contracts, including addendums and extensions, and their impact on client invoicing and working capital management.
- Perform time and expense fee adjustments, write-offs, transfers, and/or application of advances and retainers in accordance with established engagement team review and approval procedures.
- Proactively communicate issues and concerns around accounts receivable and work in process to management team and engagement teams to ensure accurate and timely invoicing and cash collection.
- Exercise judgment in responding to unique and urgent situations; including time sensitive, nonstandard, and/or complex matters.
- Demonstrate positive people attributes. Be a supportive team member and contribute to a cohesive team environment.
- Communicate proactively with colleagues and contribute towards advancement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the entire order to cash value stream; including client engagement and contract review, invoicing, revenue recognition, and cash application.
- Assist in executing improvements to working capital management processes and adopt enhancements to tools and methods.
- Additional responsibilities as identified.
- This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance/business or related field strongly preferred.
- Relevant accounting/finance experience preferred, ideally in a consulting or similar professional services firm.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook; able to learn new systems and tools.
- High-energy, flexible and responsive work style; ability to perform well under pressure and meet time-sensitive deadlines with poise and professionalism.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent team skills and customer service attitude.
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Must be familiar with, and promote and abide by, all Firm values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and in terms of Ethics, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.