Engagement Accounting Senior Analyst
Corporate Services - Finance Detroit
At AlixPartners, we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
AlixPartners has a Hybrid Work framework to support our employees. How this works in practice varies by geography and function based on client and team requirements. As this framework is new post-COVID-19 pandemic, it may also change over time.
AlixPartners requires COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for this position, subject to reasonable accommodation.
What you’ll do
In this fundamental role on AlixPartners’ Corporate Services Global Accounting team, you will be responsible for preparing and modifying client invoices, managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and maintaining client accounting records. In addition, the Engagement Accounting Senior Analyst is responsible for developing and maintaining desk procedures, processing time transfers and corrections, and supporting ad-hoc requests.
The Engagement Accounting Senior Analyst position is a full-time role located in Southfield, Michigan, Chicago, Illinois, or Dallas, Texas and reports to the Engagement Accounting Manager. Paid relocation may be considered for this position.
- Support assigned Managing Directors throughout billing process
- Assist with day-to-day management of AlixPartners work in process (WIP):
- Identify time/expense submission issues and correct, as needed
- Extract and prepare time and expense data for review by Managing Directors and/or Directors prior to invoicing
- Accurately and promptly prepare and make edits/changes to client invoices using our internal accounting system, SAP S/4 HANA.
- Work with the Revenue Accounting team to make sure new projects are set up correctly and capture the data required for accurate revenue recognition
- Handle sensitive and emergent emails and calls from AlixPartners Managing Directors, staff and other contacts for follow-up; exercise judgment in responding to unique and urgent situations
- Respond to routine inquiries from accounting group re: client engagement status, identify potential issues and notify appropriate parties
- Balance conflicting demands and interests from internal and external parties, finding creative ways to meet the needs of disparate individuals
- Support month-end procedures related to the billing function including balancing routines for the time and billing system, advance and retainer clean-up, etc.
- Maintain desk procedures, support key department and Firm initiatives
- Additional responsibilities as identified. This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties, or responsibilities
What you’ll need
- Minimum four (4) years of relevant experience highly preferred
- Prior experience in an Accounting department preferred, professional services firm highly preferred
- College degree preferred
- Experience with SAP or other time and billing software preferred
- Self-motivated. Initiates activities with high degree of drive, passion, and commitment to continuous improvement; dependable and able to work well with minimal direction
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to interact with and present to stakeholders at all levels
- Detail-oriented and highly committed to a quality work product
- Effective time management skills with the ability to prioritize responsibilities in order to meet strict deadlines and work independently under time constraints
- Strong aptitude for working with numbers
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Office Skills
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, all Firm values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and in terms of Ethics, Diversity and Inclusion
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.