L&D Senior Developer - Digital
Corporate Services - People Detroit
At AlixPartners, we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
AlixPartners has a Hybrid Work framework to support our employees. How this works in practice varies by geography and function based on client and team requirements. As this framework is new post-COVID-19 pandemic, it may also change over time.
AlixPartners requires COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for this position, subject to reasonable accommodation.
What you’ll do
AlixPartners’ commits to our people’s growth and development, and our global Learning & Development team plays a central role delivering progressive world-class learning and talent development solutions and experiences. We are launching a Global Digital Academy aligned to our firm’s digital transformation strategy and are looking for amazing people to join the team. In this exciting new role on AlixPartners’ Learning & Development (L&D) team, you will be responsible for building effective, tailored learning solutions that meet the ongoing performance needs of our people and firm with a focus on digital capabilities serving clients, digitizing work, and growing digital fluency.
The OD Learning & Development Senior Developer reports to the global OD Learning & Development Digital Academy Lead. Preferred location is our New York, NY or Southfield, MI office; consideration may be given to our Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Boston, or Washington D.C. offices. Paid relocation is not available. Travel expectations of 20-25%.
- Define, package, and monitor effective learning experiences and programs that drive business results.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, subject-matter experts, and vendors to design and develop innovative, blended learning solutions.
- Apply tech-enabled, multi-modal, experiential approaches to developing results-oriented solutions.
- Facilitate in-person and virtual training as needed.
- Curate informal learning experiences.
- Evaluate and report on learning solution effectiveness; make recommendations for improvement.
- Additional responsibilities as identified. This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties, or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in instructional design and development, learning needs analysis, evaluation, in a corporate or professional services environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., instructional design) or equivalent experience required; advanced degree preferred.
- Effective, professional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience with LXP platforms and eLearning / multimedia development tools strongly preferred (e.g., Camtasia, Storyline, Adobe Creative Cloud).
- Proven ability on implementing practical solutions based on best practices and dynamic thinking, including digital learning options and applying a holistic approach to skill-building.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with a range of colleagues, particularly subject matter experts and drive multiple, shifting priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Strong client-service orientation.
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint, Teams, Word, and Excel
- Ability to travel up to 20% – 25%, as needed
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, all Firm values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and in terms of Ethics, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a competitive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.