Industry Researcher - Retail
Corporate Services - Business Intelligence New York
Business Intelligence Specialist - Retail
At AlixPartners, we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
AlixPartners has a Hybrid Work framework to support our employees. How this works in practice varies by geography and function based on client and team requirements. As this framework is new post-COVID-19 pandemic, it may also change over time.
AlixPartners requires COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for this position, subject to reasonable accommodation.
What you’ll do
In this critical role on AlixPartners’ Corporate Services team, you will focus on general research and deriving insights, market analysis, and supporting our consultant teams in the development of potential opportunities through to pitch stages. You will work closely with senior practice leaders as well as the Business Intelligence Center team. Your role will include providing strategic support on special projects and helping to deliver excellent service to our industries, communities and markets.
We are seeking candidates who have built insight or experience in the Retail sector, either from a line position or working in professional services.
The Business Intelligence Senior Specialist is a full-time role located in New York City, New York with consideration to be located in Dallas, Texas or Chicago, Illinois. The position reports to a Business Intelligence Director in close partnership with Global Retail Practice Leadership. Paid relocation is not available for this position.
- Conduct research and analysis to support the Retail Industry Team business development priorities using various research tools including Capital IQ, Bloomberg, Factiva, and Statista.
- Anticipate and analyze the impact of changing business, economic, legal, and industry issues on companies in the sector
- Determine new business opportunity identification/screening for the Retail practice team and track opportunities through closure.
- Identify potential prospect/target companies using a broad range of research tools.
- Play a key role in developing major client presentations to pitch for new business opportunities.
- Conduct financial, situation and performance analyses and research, which includes managing resources and identifying best sources for industry data
- Review connections to potential target clients and communicate results to consultants.
- Ensure effective communication and coordination within industry team for identification and management of prospect identification & tracking as well as pipeline management for the Retail team’s business development efforts.
- Provide ad hoc business development support and research assistance to the various communities.
- Additional responsibilities as identified. This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree required with strong preference for business/financial concentration.
- Demonstrated experience in and passion for the Retail Sector, with a minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in a research-driven business development role from professional services or industry.
- Strong commitment to success of team, ability to cooperate with others and work across boundaries to engage with colleagues to get things done.
- Ability to problem solve to find creative and practical solutions, with a desire to innovate and improve status quo for betterment of the team using sound judgment and common sense,
- Track record of conducting value added market research and analysis, including analysis of private and public company performance and developing proposals
- Adept at multi-tasking within a high expectation and fast-paced environment.
- Assure the quality and timely completion and delivery of projects including prioritizing projects during peak activity times.
- Database experience with Capital IQ, Bloomberg, Factiva and open sources are preferred.
- Proficient PowerPoint, Excel, and research database skills are fundamental to success in this role.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills from both a business and technical perspective with the ability to present to stakeholders at all levels.
- English fluency required, other languages a plus.
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, all Firm values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and in terms of Ethics, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.