Data Insights & Analytics Analyst
Corporate Services - Information Technology Detroit
At AlixPartners, we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
AlixPartners has a Hybrid Work framework to support our employees. How this works in practice varies by geography and function based on client and team requirements. As this framework is new post-COVID-19 pandemic, it may also change over time.
AlixPartners requires COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for this position, subject to reasonable accommodation.
What you’ll do
In this important role on AlixPartners’ Corporate Applications service team, you will use your strong customer service and business analysis skills in supporting the Business Intelligence strategy, gathering business requirements and building basic and complex reports to support the business. The person in this role will be willing to take ownership of projects and work with team members to deliver solutions that meet customer needs. An ideal candidate will be teachable with a desire to further develop an expertise in Business Objects and other platforms used in the Firm.
The Data Insights & Analytics Analyst is a full-time role located in Southfield, Michigan and reports to the Data Insights & Analytics Manager. Paid relocation is not available.
- Collaborate with business units, the Data Insight & Analytics team and other IT members to determine the requirements to meet business needs.
- Translate business unit requirements into clear, accurate and concise functional requirements. Create models, specifications, diagrams and charts to be used by the Data Insight & Analytics team in developing BI and Data Warehouse solutions.
- Collaborate with the Data Insight & Analytics team and other IT resources throughout the development lifecycle, enforcing and redefining requirements where necessary.
- Analytically develop improved and more efficient processes for IT and business users.
- Participate on project teams to deliver new BI and Analytics solutions or enhance current ones.
- Provide support of existing applications and services provided by the Data Insight & Analytics team.
- Investigate and troubleshoot problems. Collaborate with business units to determine root cause and appropriate functional solutions. Interact with the Data Insight & Analytics development team in the implementation of the solution and communicating with business units as required.
- Additional duties as identified. This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties, or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- University degree or College diploma in the field of Information Technology; equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Minimum 1 year of business analysis experience gathering business requirements relating to BI solutions.
- Experience with or exposure to enterprise business intelligence products and relational databases. Experience with Power BI dashboard, SQL Server databases and SQL scripting is a definite asset.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and meet delivery commitments while maintaining accuracy.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills, including the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers at all levels
- Working knowledge of Information Technology concepts and principles, theories and functions of computer systems, and principles and techniques of IT documentation.
- Understanding of and/or experience in requirements definition and management techniques including business process, use case, workflow and data modelling.
- Proven analytical abilities with the ability to understand system architecture and the integration of system components.
- Experience with or exposure to data warehouse concepts, checking and validating results to ensure completeness, and troubleshooting non-recurring and process related problems.
- Experience with HR terms and ideas is a definite asset.
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, all Firm values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and in terms of Ethics, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.