Administrative Professional London
Corporate Services - Office Teams London
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
What you’ll do
The main focus of this role is to provide a high level of support across a wide range of administrative duties to Directors within the London office. Where relevant this may also include supporting a small number of more junior Consultants. The role requires strong organisational skills and high attention to detail as well as excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written, and good mathematical problem solving abilities. Role holders will need to have a level of confidence in managing relationships and liaising with clients, which will include senior level individuals both internally and externally. The individual must demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills and be approachable and enthusiastic yet professional at all times. A proactive attitude is a vital requirement for this role.
The successful candidate will have a hands-on attitude and be comfortable working as part of a team but equally under their own initiative. A flexible approach is essential as well as the ability to anticipate the needs of their own client group and manage a range of competing priorities to tight deadlines, coupled with confidence in delivering high standards of service at all times.
- Providing high standards of administrative support to AlixPartners Directors ensuring that all necessary arrangements and relevant documentation are delivered in a timely fashion to a high degree of accuracy. As you develop in the role this may also include supporting more Senior Directors or a Managing Director
- Diary administration as required including organising internal and external meetings and managing any logistics that may be required
- Handling all aspects of expense processing for Directors. This may include liaising with Directors for receipts or contacting the supplier directly if necessary for missing receipts ensuring seamless support is provided to the Director
- Responsible for all aspects of arranging travel and accommodation including coordinating visas, booking flights, hotel accommodation, car transfers and taxis, producing travel packs and itineraries as required
- Producing, designing, formatting and collating documents in Word, Excel and first drafts in PowerPoint and/or liaising with the Design team to ensure documents are formatted correctly in line with brand
- Occasionally coordinating practice development activities such as external marketing events and marketing initiatives, including working with the Marketing team or an Administrative Senior Professional to organise small events and attending in person if required. This may also involve sourcing venues and all logistics for the event, (working with the Marketing Team to send invitations, compile mailshots and marketing packs)
- Working with an Administrative Senior Professional to organise internal events such as team building activities, lunches and staff away days, as required
- Liaising with the Design team to ensure documents are formatted correctly in line with brand
- Managing the Radius database - this includes taking direct responsibility for entering and updating Director activities and ensuring contacts within the database are maintained accurately
- Ensuring the time entry for Directors is entered correctly and timely
- Producing correspondence such as emails and letters and liaising with clients over the phone, email and in person (as required), in a professional and efficient manner
- Liaising with other support teams as required e.g. IT, Legal, OM & Facilities and HR, in order to meet the needs of the business
- Helping other Assistants where necessary and providing cover for holiday/sickness
- Completing ad hoc projects/tasks on request such as printing, binding, scanning, etc
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Prior experience supporting Directors and teams in a similar professional environment is required
- Strong Microsoft skills essential (good working knowledge of Word and Excel)
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent, with a grade ‘B’ or above in English Language and Maths
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills - ability to manage time, prioritise conflicting demands, multi-task and work to tight and structured deadlines
- Ability to learn new systems and processes quickly and the desire to pick up new skills
- Proactive, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative as well as with a team
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
- Discreet and able to handle sensitive information in confidence
- A ‘can-do’ attitude is essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills - confident, approachable with a good sense of humour
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a comprehensive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.