Cloud Strategy Director
Client Services - Technology & Digital United States
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
What you'll Do:
Interested in a future that exceeds your expectations? Here, at AlixPartners your passion becomes your career. We work in smaller and more senior teams that bring deep industry and functional knowledge to our clients. You will sit shoulder-to-shoulder with owners, boards, and CEOs to address the issues that sit at the top of their agendas - and often become front-page news.
We are looking for a highly driven Senior Vice President or Director, who is passionate about delivering high value solutions, to join our Digital practice. We are seeking professionals who have the combination of capability, drive, training, and intellectual curiosity that typically predicts success at AlixPartners.
If you join our practice, you will work with companies in all stages of their business life cycle from across a variety of urgent, high impact situations. Our elite professionals are recognized experts in their respective fields, bringing to bear their skills and experience to create measurable, improved outcomes for our clients.
You will be responsible for leading projects and client engagements that focus on Large Scale Transformations. We advise our clients and shape their Digital future by analyzing corporate performance, driving cost reductions, revenue growth and profitability improvement across industries and in 'high stakes' situations. You will collaborate with fellow team members and be instrumental in developing and building a business in your area(s) of expertise. To be successful, you are commercially savvy, with a real passion and track record for business development. As part of our collaborative team, you will have the opportunity to achieve high impact results, with continuous opportunities to pursue your professional development, career interests and growth aspirations.
Ideal Candidate qualifications:
- Industries and Services
- Recognized for knowledge and experience across any combination of industries (e.g., Technology, Media, and Telecommunication, business services, restaurant, automotive, retail, manufacturing, consumer products)
- Recognized for deep skills and passion as a specialist and leader in any combination of areas below:
- Cloud Strategy Implementation – private/public clouds – on AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in developing business case and TCO analysis drawing tangible connections between cloud strategy and business-valued financial-success metrics
- 3+ years of experience defining and implementing governance and restructuring IT departments to optimally manage cloud environments and cloud-native applications
- Cloud Financial Management- Cloud Health, Cloudability, CloudCheckr, Cloud Custodian, etc.
- Client Delivery
- Consistent track record of successfully structuring and leading client engagements to desired results, delivering hard dollar savings, meeting, or exceeding client expectations.
- Understands and adapts to complex client environments and situations
- Superb written communication skills
- Independently prepares client ready documents and presentations.
- Analytics and problem solving
- Views problems from the 'big picture POV', recognizing critical areas to drive into more detail. Quickly structures approaches to solve complex problems. Remains balanced and flexible while anticipates and changes direction as necessary.
- Synthesizes information rapidly and applies good business judgment quickly to deliver deep insights into possible impacts and solutions
- Analytical, adept at quickly defining, aligning, and scaling data modeling and management approach with the client needs. Ensures 80/20 approach to rapidly draw conclusions. Skilled and quickly identifying anomalies, inconsistencies, errors, and conclusions.
- Develop execute and advise on multi-dimensional cloud strategies that consider the platform, architecture, security, organizational and financial aspects of adopting cloud technologies
- Extend the value of cloud services in client organizations by:
- Establishing foundations and vision for modernizing the delivery of IT Services
- Enabling delivery of better customer experiences and best-in-class product delivery
- Leadership and executive experience
- Engenders client confidence and trust with executives at all levels. Builds advisory relationships with clients and peers.
- Skilled at defining, communicating, motivating, and leading change at executive levels and across the firm.
- Articulate, persuasive, communicator. Commands the room, handles executive and difficult audiences well. Readily adapts style and message appropriately to audience and circumstance. Excellent at impromptu communication during complex discussions.
- Business and Practice Development
- Experience with proposal development, strong commercial instincts, and interest. Generates growing demand for other firm resources in prospective and existing clients while remaining highly utilized. Consistently extend work for him/herself and others team members on client projects. Identifies and cultivates new opportunities.
- An inspiring leader, innovative with the development of new tools, methodologies, and approaches.
- Experience in building talent through coaching, recruiting and day-to-day leadership.
What you'll Need:
Work & Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Information Services, or foreign equivalent. Master's degree and/or certification in related specialty area(s) preferred.
- 10+ years of related consulting or industry experience, with proven ability to build trusted relationships with senior business & technology leaders
- 7+ years of experience in IT Operations & Cloud
- 3+ years of capacity & forecasting experience
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- AlixPartners requires COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for this position, subject to reasonable accommodation.
- Openness for up to 75% travel M-F.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties, or responsibilities.
AlixPartners is a results-driven global consulting firm that specializes in helping businesses successfully address their most complex and critical challenges. www.alixpartners.com
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a competitive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners has a Hybrid Work framework to support our employees. How this works in practice varies by geography and function based on client and team requirements. As this framework is new post-COVID-19 pandemic, it may also change over time.
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
EMPLOYER AND JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
All genuine AlixPartners vacancies are located on the AlixPartners website. AlixPartners does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and interviews will be held in-person or via a secure video tool. AlixPartners does not engage with candidates via platforms such as VIBER, Google Hangouts or other instant messaging platforms.